Eszter's Reviews > Revel

Revel by Maurissa Guibord

liked it
bookshelves: kindle, read-in-2013, pnr, mythology

I absolutely forgot I read this book to be honest, and I didn't read it 2 years ago, rather 2 weeks ago, which I think is all I should say about it but I don't want to be a bad reviewer, so I'll try to remember some details. I actually liked Revel and had fun reading it so I have no idea why I forgot about it so fast.

The plot was quite interesting, although it was a bit like a roller coaster ride–when it was good it was really good, but it had a tendency to become boring and uneventful. The mythology was quite fun though and well thought-out ((view spoiler)). The characters however were pretty one dimensional and boring. Two weeks later the only thing I remember about the protagonist that she had blonde hair that had a tendency to become messy in the damp climate of the island.

The romance was okay, although I didn't get invested in it. I didn't care. I mean, oh my God Delia, you really choose the ugly (On demigod terms. Not on human terms.) dude, not the cruel and more beautiful one? That is SO interesting. And what was up with that Sean storyline? Well, I may be a bit cranky, but that might be because that is all I remember of the book. I approve of Guilbord choice to not to make this a trilogy though. There ARE not enough standalone books in this genre, almost all authors feel they need 2+ books to tell a story, but many times there is no need for that.

Well, anyway, this book was okay, but nothing special. 3 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revel.

February 13, 2013 – Shelved