Ionia's Reviews > The Burning Air

The Burning Air by Erin Kelly

To be honest, this book didn't grab me from the first page, or even the first chapter. What I did instead, was settle into it a little at a time and began to really enjoy it after the third chapter.

This author has a unique voice when she writes and it pleased me as a reader. I particularly liked the way she built suspense without revealing too much of what was yet to come. The way the characters are doing battle with their own lives, histories and also trying to solve a mystery was a great way to present a psychological thriller.

The descriptions were well-crafted and helped set the tone for story. I found it appealing that the author didn't waste pages of space telling about her characters physical appearance, but managed to work the descriptions into the story so that they felt much more natural.

plot-wise, this book has plenty of unexpected twists and turns, and although not all of them were totally believable, it made a great build up for a strong finish.

This is the first book I have read by this author and I would gladly read another. If you are looking for something edgy, a little scary and complex this would be the perfect book.

This review is based on a digital review copy from the publisher.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Burning Air.

Started Reading