Hayes's Reviews > Olive Kitteridge

Apr 20, 2009

it was ok
bookshelves: bc-bookring, read-in-2011
Read in January, 2011

Mixed. Strange. Not sure.

ETA: I liked some of it very much, but I just couldn't get connected to Olive. I also felt that there was a lot of information thrown in that just didn't go anywhere, for example (view spoiler) I wanted to know more about what happened but that was it. No more. The ending didn't convince me either. It seemed completely out of character. And that was it too. End of book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Olive Kitteridge.

01/19/2011 page 15
show 4 hidden updates…

message 1: by Bettie☯ (last edited Jan 12, 2011 12:31AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Bettie☯ I've put this in my day basket when I saw you had started it. Dear Wanda recommended this to me and it is about time I opened it up, so it'll be sort of a buddy read once I have finished off this Dibdin audio.

Hayes Oh goodie! I haven't started yet, but will in 3 or 4 days... I'm looking forward to this, although the reviews have been mixed.

Feeling better, I surmise. :o)

Bettie☯ I have a feeling that this is going to be in linked short-story mode, we shall see.

Feeling good enough to be in work but still get the temperature rushes that makes my little world a bit trippy.
:O)

Hayes You doing the antibiotics thing? I'm sorry you're still feeling pooky. Not fun!

Bettie☯ It is awkward to find medical care here for anything other than life-threatening so we brazen things out - if it doesn't kill, it'll make us stronger.

Bettie☯ Is Tucson that place which is pronounced two-son?

Hayes Yes, indeed! But even stress on the two syllables: two-sonn (like song, without the g)

Bettie☯ Ta very muchly.