Ruth B's Reviews > Things I Can't Forget

Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally

bookshelves: 2013, contemporary, netgalley, romance, new-adult

Miranda Keneally did it again. Things I can’t forget is a fantastic and loving story. A story about being true to yourself and hold on to your beliefs, about learning that life is not all about black and white. If you are a fan of Miranda’s work you should read this one.

Kate is a sweet eighteen-year-old girl working at summer camp. After making some hard decision and questioning her faith and God she has to face the first boy she ever kissed. Matt is one of the most sweet, adorable and honest boys I ever read about.

This book has a steady and natural rhythm, with awesome and entertaining dialogues. A book with great characters developments, characters that felt tridimensional because they have flaws and virtues. If you are familiar with Miranda’s books you probably known this fact, her characters somehow take life and is easy to picture them.

Kate is a character that I didn’t like at times but once I read more about her it was easier to understand her, some of her actions or dialogues were nerve-racking but that only make me feel closer to her. I like when a character makes you get angry or happy, it means the author did a great job portraying the emotions. Matt is AMAZING, a sweet and caring person, with a fun and fresh attitude. Their romance is adorable and it’s great to read about it.

Things I can’t forget is about much more than love and there are many great secondary characters. Some of them show us than a friend is the only thing we need during our darkest moments.

This is a story with the power to helps us understand that we have to be faithful to our beliefs but also we have to be tolerant and respectful with others’. The world is a better place because of the diversity of thoughts; we are better humans when we understand that sometimes what we think is right is not applicable to someone else. Life is confusing and sometimes is hard to differentiate right from wrong. Admitting that we were wrong is not easy, however, we don’t have to forget or ignore who we are just for someone else likes us.

A very recommendable book for Miranda’s fan, people who enjoy new adult and YA.

*** I received a free copy in exchange of an honest review as part of a blog tour. ***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Things I Can't Forget.

February 11, 2013 – Shelved