Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥'s Reviews > Come Alive

Come Alive by Karina Halle

★★★★★Stars-and-Galaxies, Suns-and-Moons, Dex-Foray-you-make-my-soul-sing STARS★★★★★

"You’re mine. And you’re mine alone. From now until the end of time."

description

Summer's, HELL, 2013's most anticipated release, hit me with awesomeness, deliciousness and DEXINESS. Yes, Dex Foray is a verb, noun and subject by himself! Crazy, funny, addictive and heart breaking, sinking, falling, drowning, good, wonderful, delicious, scary. Everything I hoped for... But I am sorry, I got ahead of myself; let's take it from the beginning.

All began with paranormal and all leads straight back to it...

description

Dex & Perry amateur ghost-hunters, show runners, haunted and betrayed have survived ghosts, demons, Sasquatch, family, their own nightmares and fears, crippling emotions and a love that defines them.

“That is life. Real life is grey.”

description
Pic by the amazing Brenna! You are awesome...

Now, returning from a horrible experience and Dex having laid his soul bare to Perry, they will travel to New Orleans with an unexpected and unwelcome chaperone. There they will deal with a new kind of nightmare and a truth about destiny that will threaten their relationship. It will take more than courage and sarcasm to COME back ALIVE. It will take LOVE.

description

This book will take you for a wild ride, to Dex' chaos of a mind, making you falling deeper and deeper, irrevocably in love with the sexy beast, the beautiful bastard, the one and only DEX FORAY.

description

I can't possibly comment on everything that happens in 436 pages. I will tell you, that you will be scared shitless, not only because of the horror aspect of the story,

Voodoo

freaking Zombies

AND the expected ghosts
description

but also because of the injustice inflicted upon our favourite heroes. Fighting heaven and hell for the right to be together, when they just started to make sense. They can't have enough of each other and they can't take a break. Dex will have a hell of a decision to make and Perry will have to trust him enough to admit what she always tried to hide beneath stolen glances and heartbreak and trust him again with her heart.

(view spoiler)

description

I bow to the Brilliance that is Karina Halle. It take guts to pull through a series like that. But more, it takes passion to draw out these characters. To make us care for them, despair and cry along them. Fall in love with Dex, be best friends with Perry and I-kid-you-not, understand and sympathize with an auburn-haired snatchslinger . WOMAN, YOU ARE AMAZING!

description

A special mention, lots of love, hugs and kisses for an amazing buddy read to my bestest friends, awesome ladies and Dex afficionados:
KristaliaVildaJoanaDebra ♦ (it all started with them...)

and
FathimaDestiniGabbyCatarina ♦ (they joined us and the made the whole experience AMAZING!)

Click on the names for their reviews and if I forgot anyone, Dex stole my mind along my heart, so pm me and let me know!

Girls:
description

Looking forward to an even awesomer buddy reading event, this Winter with Ashes to Ashes.

And we’re back to Perry’s POV for Experiment in Terror #8 Ashes to Ashes, coming Winter 2013.

You know me, I am a hardcore Dex fangirl but I kinda missed Perry's thoughts... So, YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!

KEEP READING FOR MY PRE-RELEASE RANT

Ladies, sweethearts and all around Dex' Fan Club Membership Holders, WE HAVE A FREAKING RELEASE DATE!!!

Expected publication: June 23rd 2013

GIRLS, BASK IN THE GLORIOUSNESS THAT IS DEX!
Of course, it wouldn't be the same without buddy-reading with Debra, Jo, Kristalia and Vilda, EIT & Dex' fangirls EXTRAORDINAIRE! (let us know, if you want to join!!)

description

Exciting news by Karina Halle as posted in FB: Hey, just a little info about Come Alive (out June 23)...it picks up the next day where Into the Hollow ended. There is some recapping, so you won't be totally lost, but it might be a good idea to re-read Into the Hollow before Come Alive...of course, keep in mind that the POV is Dex this time instead of Perry. That's all for now!

Sweet....Baby...Jesus...

*COVER AND BLURB ALERT*

Karina Halle ~ Inspiration: Like I do with most books, this is named after a song. These lyrics from the Foo Fighters “Come Alive” really resonate for me:

♪♫Nothing more to give
I can finally come alive
Your life into me
I can finally breathe
Come alive
I lay there in the dark
Open my eyes
You saved me the day that you came alive♪♫

It’s one thing to bring the woman you love back into your life. It’s another to try and keep her there.[...]Luck­ily, Dex has never been one to back down, even when his life –and heart — are on the line.

description

*screaming* DEX!!!! DEX!!!! DEX!!! Well, it's just his shadow, but my inner-fangirl just doesn't care...

OK... *breath in* *breath out*

description

Come Alive, comes out this June and it will be entirely in Dex' POV.

How to Survive until June Guide

booze,

a lot...
description

visual aid, (always keep a mental or actual pic of Dex nearby)
description

and when everything else fails...

Can't freaking wait!!!
description

This review can be found on my blog: infinity-of-time.blogspot.com also known as...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Come Alive.

Quotes Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Liked

Karina Halle
“You’re my home, Perry. And I will be yours.”

Karina Halle
“I want to be with you. Not just as a partner, not just as a friend. I want us to be together, to be one, to be…I don’t know, a fucking couple.”

Karina Halle
“Perry, I’ve wanted you since the moment I saw you. I’m not going to stop showing you off or rubbing it in to everyone I know, anytime soon … You’re mine. And you’re mine alone. From now until the end of time.”

Karina Halle
“Baby, I love you, more than ever, more than anything in the fucking world. You are my world. And all I’ve ever wanted is for me to be yours.”

Karina Halle
“Kiddo, I rarely get compliments. So I just decide to compliment myself instead. You should try it sometime.”

Karina Halle
“Well, to what do we owe the honor of your presence?" I asked snidely. National Slut Convention next door? Twatwaffles Anonymous?”

February 11, 2013 – Shelved
February 26, 2013 – Shelved as: karina-halle-awesomeness
June 23, 2013 – Started Reading
June 23, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
June 23, 2013 –
0.0% "FINALLY, all the waiting is over!!! Dex, babe I am all yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!\n description\n description"
June 23, 2013 –
1.0% "I was Dex Foray and "dramatic" was my middle name, along with "The Fuckmaster" and "Pierre".\n Yeap... ladies HE IS BACK!!\n description"
17.0% "*alert*\n description"
June 23, 2013 –
20.0% "DAMN FREAKING HOOOOOOOOT!\n description"
June 23, 2013 –
31.0% "description\n Yeap... you got that right. Freaking ZOMBIES!!! As if ghosts, Sasquatch and Ginger-Balls weren't enough.. My poor Team Derry... #excited ;)"
June 23, 2013 –
35.0% "Of all the horrible and terrifying things you could have said, you picked this Meant to Be crap, you loathsome Maximus bastard?\n description"
June 23, 2013 –
50.0% "Of course there is a haunted house...\n description"
June 24, 2013 –
62.0% " "It's for the best, you know it is. It's for her best" \n description \n description\n *sob* *SOB* SOOOOOOB*"
June 24, 2013 –
78.0% "FREAKING HELL!!!!!!!!\n description"
June 25, 2013 –
99.0% "description\n Thank you... A million times thank you...*sniff*\n description"
June 25, 2013 – Shelved as: abused-hero-or-and-heroine
June 25, 2013 – Shelved as: tattoos-and-piercing
June 25, 2013 – Shelved as: the-sound-of-my-heart-breaking
June 25, 2013 – Shelved as: witches-spells-and-magic
June 25, 2013 – Finished Reading

Theresa June is just so far away...

Lilly P Lol, like oprah once said about being in your twenties and waiting around on men "Occupy your damn time!"..:p

Serena Georgia that was awesome! I can't wait a whole book in Dex's head. *Squeals and does happy butt shaking dance* But I KNOW I am going to be sooo made at douche canoe!

David - proud Gleeman in Branwen's adventuring party BWAH-HA-HA!!! You are so funny, Georgia! ;)

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ David wrote: "BWAH-HA-HA!!! You are so funny, Georgia! ;)"

Thanks, hon!! :D

message 6: by Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ (last edited Mar 06, 2013 04:55AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ My wonderful ladies.... I know!! June seems years away!!!

hahahahahahahahaha

We have to support each other! LOL

As far as Maximus is concerned, I have a really wild theory about what his real deal is and let me tell you, I'm even mad at myself for thinking it!! :D

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ hahahahhaa! It's a tough call to make, hon...

Kristalia Hahahaha, omfg, Dex's entire book....OH MY GOD.... I MUST READ READ READ REAAAAAAAD to get to this oneeeeeeeeeee

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ READ FAST, honey!!!!! And there also 2 Dex' novellas to keep you sated. :P

And don't despair... It will get really bad but then, oh then... *swoon*

Kristalia Georgia wrote: "READ FAST, honey!!!!! And there also 2 Dex' novellas to keep you sated. :P

And don't despair... It will get really bad but then, oh then... *swoon*"

hehehee i should, i should :D
but somehow i am glad that i am prolonging this; because then i will be obsessed far more longer :)))

i hate " It will get really bad " part :(((

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Yeap, sorry luv... It's the hard truth... :(

Kristalia Georgia wrote: "Yeap, sorry luv... It's the hard truth... :("

i guess it is :(((

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ But it will be an AMAZING ride! Cross my heart! :D

Kristalia Georgia wrote: "But it will be an AMAZING ride! Cross my heart! :D"

I don't doubt it for a second :)

message 15: by Airah ♔ (new)

Airah ♔ KH <3

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Airah ♔ wrote: "KH <3"

*happy sigh* :D

message 17: by LZ (new) - rated it 5 stars

LZ Nice Dex girlie!!!

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Glad you approve, hon!!! :D

Debra Woohoo!!! <3 the cover!!! AND the blurb... ;-D

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Chiqui wrote: "BEST DAY EVER!!!!!"

I know!!!!!!!!

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Debra wrote: "Woohoo!!! <3 the cover!!! AND the blurb... ;-D"

*sigh* Isn't Dex' shadow so SEXY????? LOL!

message 22: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly I cant wait, UGH Max aka Douchecanoe will be in the mix oh boy what will it bring

message 23: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca Jackson Yeah, what you said! You know I'm not sure if I said Thank you for turning my onto this series. Thank you!

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Kimberly wrote: "I cant wait, UGH Max aka Douchecanoe will be in the mix oh boy what will it bring"

BRING IT ON!!!!

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Rebecca wrote: "Yeah, what you said! You know I'm not sure if I said Thank you for turning my onto this series. Thank you!"

Aww... it was my pleasure Rebecca! LOL!

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Vilda wrote: "SDEX!! *dances around*

It makes me all sad that if I hurry to read the rest of the books, I'll have to wait for this one, but I have a feeling I won't be able to stay away for that long, lol. :o"

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!! SEX sounds right Vilda, hon. ;)
How is your buddy reading with my crystal going?

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ The addiction will a get a firm hold of you right in the middle of the 3rd... TRUST ME!!!! LOL!

message 29: by Annie (new) - added it

Annie Brewer LMAO! Love the gifs!!!!!!!!! :)

Duchess Nicole Geez, I'm so effing excited for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Annie wrote: "LMAO! Love the gifs!!!!!!!!! :)"

:D Thank you Annie!!!

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Duchess Nicole wrote: "Geez, I'm so effing excited for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

IKR?!?!?!?!??! :D

Amanda Can't freaking wait!! I need a time machine to bring myself fast forward.

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Amanda wrote: "Can't freaking wait!! I need a time machine to bring myself fast forward."

LOL! Now, that a project worth working on it.... :D

Lucia I so cannot wait! June is full of awesome releases but this book is my top priority :)

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Lucia wrote: "I so cannot wait! June is full of awesome releases but this book is my top priority :)"

YES! Definitely YES, Lucia, hon....... :D

La-Lionne That is fantastic news :-D!

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ La-Lionne wrote: "That is fantastic news :-D!"

:D :D :D

Makita Good now I know when I can download
it on my Kindle and take the day to read it on the beach. Awesome!!

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Makita wrote: "Good now I know when I can download
it on my Kindle and take the day to read it on the beach. Awesome!!"

LOL!! Dex on the beach sounds awfully like....

message 41: by Dd (new)

Dd I have read till book 3!!Yipee..love this series!:D

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Dd wrote: "I have read till book 3!!Yipee..love this series!:D"

They keep getting awesomer with each book, hon! "D

Myrto *channels inner fangirl* Oh. My. God. Yayyyyy!!!! :DDD

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Myrto wrote: "*channels inner fangirl* Oh. My. God. Yayyyyy!!!! :DDD"

YAY freaking yay, hon!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Myrto Ahahahahahaha!:))) Wait. Isn't that today??? *dies*

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Myrto wrote: "Ahahahahahaha!:))) Wait. Isn't that today??? *dies*"

IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Myrto *squeal* Yayyyyyyyyyy! I have to get my hands on it! Day. Made. :)

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Myrto wrote: "*squeal* Yayyyyyyyyyy! I have to get my hands on it! Day. Made. :)"

:D GO GET IT HON!!!

message 49: by Purva (new)

Purva Very entertaining review, Georgia! :)

Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie Awesome review Georgia!!!

« previous 1 3