Alison's Reviews > The Cat Whisperer: Why Cats Do What They Do--and How to Get Them to Do What You Want

The Cat Whisperer by Mieshelle Nagelschneider

bookshelves: ebook, netgalley, nonfiction

This was an impulse download from a promotional email NetGalley sent around - I'm not sure I would have grabbed it otherwise. I skimmed this and focused on the sections that were of the most interest to me. The author spends a lot of time at the start talking about her own experience with cats and other animals, as a way of laying out her expertise. The rest of the book focuses on looking at cat behavior, and I found there was a lot of good information on things like scent marking, grooming, feeding and playing. Maybe if you grew up with animals you'd find that there wasn't much new in these sections, but I found some very useful information. She also outlines a variety of ways to deal with things like eliminating outside of the litterbox, aggression, introducing new cats to one another, etc. I would say that if you have a cat and have ever been exasperated by something he or she has done (ha!) you should consider taking a look at this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cat Whisperer.

February 5, 2013 – Started Reading