I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)'s Reviews > Beauty From Pain

Beauty From Pain by Georgia Cates

Typical… This is just so damn typical of my life in the reading world these days. Yes, I am referring to myself, not the book. BEAUTY FROM PAIN is a far from typical romantic story with a wonderfully unique premise. What’s typical then? I’ll tell you what’s typical, the lack of resolution…the dreaded cliffhanger that has my soul in knots wanting to know the rest of the story.

BEAUTY FROM PAIN is a beautifully written, all engrossing story that explores the journey of a relationship that begins as a no-string-attached fling but ultimately blossoms into something else entirely.

Laurelyn Prescott escapes her life as a musician in Nashville, with her best friend, to the “Land Down Under.” She is hoping that Australia will help mend her broken heart after suffering a nasty break-up and she plans to do this without the help of any man. That’s the plan, or at least it WAS the plan, until Mr. Secret Sexy-Man makes her an offer that’s almost too good to refuse… but she has to refuse, right? That’s when her spunky and carefree BFF steps in and speaks these awesome words of wisdom: “The best way to get over somebody is to get under someone else.” Well, I couldn’t have said it better myself!

Jack McLachlan is, by Laurelyn’s description, “hotter than the devil’s ass” and also happens to be a very successful owner of multiple vineyards across the South Pacific and Europe. Needless to say, he is a wanted man, but he has issues of his own that prevent him from opening his life and his heart to any woman. In order to protect himself from the complications (that he perceives) women bring to romantic relationships, he has devised a foolproof plan that has worked for several years – anonymous encounters lasting weeks or months, only promising to provide hot sex and the best life has to offer during their time together.

Pffft! Sexy smokin’ hottie + The time of my life = SOLD! Where do you want me? On my back or my knees – hell, I might even let a man like that strap me to a St. Andrews Cross, but, no worries, there’s no cross or crop to be seen in this novel.

BEAUTY FROM PAIN is chocked full of subtle humor, sexy characters and great one-liners. I even picked up my new favorite phrase “slut button” – Oh! I am soooo using that one again! This is far from being author Georgia Cates’ first book, but it’s a first for me by this author and you can bet a “roo’s ass” (love that) that I will be snatching up more of her work and stalking the release of the next book in the BEAUTY series.

**Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

______________________________________________________________________

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beauty From Pain.

February 9, 2013 – Started Reading
February 9, 2013 – Shelved
February 9, 2013 – Shelved as: 2013
February 9, 2013 – Shelved as: a-series
February 9, 2013 – Shelved as: character-musician
February 9, 2013 – Shelved as: content-strangers-to-lovers
February 9, 2013 – Shelved as: sexual-mix-mf
February 10, 2013 –
21.0% "I am loving the subtle humor in this book! ---- Oh! and I have a new favorite phrase that I picked up... "slut button" venture to gather a guess at what THAT is? Never heard that before - I love it!"
February 11, 2013 – Finished Reading
March 21, 2013 – Shelved as: zz-read-or-reviewed-new-adult
March 21, 2013 – Shelved as: genre-new-adult
May 4, 2013 – Shelved as: zz-blog-list
July 1, 2015 – Shelved as: i-love-this-all

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Lise wrote: "Lovely review!"

Thank you! It was a great read! Loved it!

Kelly Loved the review Cherra. I'm interested to see where book two goes.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Kelly wrote: "Loved the review Cherra. I'm interested to see where book two goes."

I KNOW! Thanks for the rec! I really enjoyed it :-) It seems that i have been reading tons of books with cliffhangers recently GRRRRR!

Yani Awesome review! I loved this one! Cannot wait for the next one !!!!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Yani wrote: "Awesome review! I loved this one! Cannot wait for the next one !!!!"

Thank you! I am just praying that the release date doesn't get pushed to a later date! lol...that'd be just my luck!

~ Cariad ~ Love your review. Can't wait for book two

Barb ~coffee & book addict~ I am so tired of cliffhangers!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) I know! I'm tired of cliffhangers too! But it's worth it!

message 10: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Great review. I will definitely put this on my TBR, however Im with you on the cliffhangers. I am soooo over them too!

Cyn Mistress Kitty Loved your review. I just picked up this book but am deciding if I will read it now or wait when the other comes out so I can read them together.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Cyn Mistress Kitty wrote: "Loved your review. I just picked up this book but am deciding if I will read it now or wait when the other comes out so I can read them together."

decisions...decisions... I say go for it because misery loves company :-)

Lirajean I have no read your review and if I was hesitant before, I am no longer. :)
Very good review. Liked how you included some phrases and a line or two. I have a better taste of what to expect from your notes than the book blurb.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Lirajean wrote: "I have no read your review and if I was hesitant before, I am no longer. :)

I hope you love it! It's one of my favorites from this year. I love it when an author throws in some humor with the heat. I can't wait to read the next one - out in may!

Let me know what you think!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) BEAUTY FROM SURRENDER: IT'S HERE!!!!! It's not coming up in the Amazon search, so here it is:

HERE IT IS: Beauty from Surrender (Beauty Series #2)