Haley's Reviews > Starlight

Starlight by Erin Hunter

Apr 18, 2009

bookshelves: 7th-grade-ir-books-stacy

The wild cat Clans have finally arrived in their “new” homes, and must now struggle to establish territories, rebuild old boundaries, and learn the hidden dangers of the unfamiliar world. Most importantly they have to find a replacement for Moonstone, the place they used to go to deeply communicate with StarClan. While the medicine cats look for a new Moonstone the warriors need to keep a look out for more then one cat that's harboring evil plans that could lead to violence and darkness. The cats, especially Brambleclaw, soon begin to realize that the threats they face in the forest may not be as bad as the threats they face from within. This set's prophecy is: “before there is peace, blood will spill blood, and the lake will run red” and there are many things it could mean but no matter what, it is sure to bring danger.

At the beginning of each Warriors book there are two maps. One map is from the cats P.O.V. and the other is from a humans P.O.V. I think that they put the maps there to make the reader feel like everything that happens in the book is real. They do that by making a text-to-world connection.

I gave this book four stars because I really liked it. I was really used to all of the characters by then which was good and bad. It was good because I knew them and I could feel for, and with, them. It was bad because they were becoming slightly predictable. I could tell that the writers were sort of thinking the same thing because they started throwing in a bunch of new character twists which made the book even better. As I've said in all the recent Warriors reports, I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Starlight.