Lisa Vegan's Reviews > The Witch with a Twitch

The Witch with a Twitch by Layn Marlow

Apr 18, 2009

bookshelves: childrens, fiction, picture-books, reviewed
Recommended for: young children, especially girls, especially those who love cats

Oh, this is so cute. It’s about Willa, a twitchy witch scared of things that should not scare witches, and the other witches tease her because of her fears. She has a beloved cat named Kitch (there’s actually less rhyming in this book than you might expect.) The story is about how Willa is able to overcome her fears and demonstrate extreme bravery because she needs to act to save her cat. (Well, the cat is in trouble because he’s gotten fed up with his fearful witch and taken some risks that don’t work out so well.) It’s a very sweet story and it’s somewhat humorous, not scary. The illustrations aren’t my very favorite but they’re fun and have some amusing detail.

Why has nobody on Goodreads read/rated/reviewed this book; it’s not a new book?! I suppose this would be a good book to read at Halloween but it can be enjoyed any time of the year.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Witch with a Twitch.

Lisa Vegan Chandra, Yes, Kathryn has a private profile so I can't see it but I've voted on some of her reviews; I see some when you and Abigail vote. This isn't exactly a seasonal book. I thought of Halloween partly because of the witch and mostly because the inside covers have black spiders on an orange background/Halloween colors.

It is really cute and it's sufficiently good that I'm shocked I was the first Goodreads member to have it shelved.

Kelly H. (Maybedog) I love witches and Halloween and I'm definitely going to find a copy of this book to read.

Lisa Vegan Kelly, It's cute. My library does have it. I hope that you can find it easily.

Kelly H. (Maybedog) My library does have, yay!

Lisa Vegan Oh good Kelly. It's not great, but it's really cute, and I still can't believe nobody else had rated in here at Goodreads.