Jezza's Reviews > Red Riding Hood

Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright

it was ok

... Meh.
That was what this book was to me. I watched the movie first (don't know if that's a good or bad thing...) and the entire time I was thinking, 'Dayymm, those boys are fiiinne.' So I picked up the book at my bookstore and started to read it.

Well, let's just say that the movie definitely followed the book well. Or the movie followed the book well. Whichever. (Okay, so maybe watching before reading was a bad thing..) Anyways, it was weird because the book didn't have the movie ending to it. It was really open-ended. Then I found out that on the author's website, there's actually a "bonus chapter" and voila, the movie ending was contained in that chapter! So for those of you bellyaching about that... go check it out! :)

As far as I'm concerned, the book was kinda boring and predictable. The characters didn't have much depth and the entire storyline was really stagnant (except for the bonus chapter). It didn't inspire any emotion in me at all; I was indifferent through the entire thing! In the end I returned the book to my bookstore (full refund, YAY!) because I simply didn't think it was worth my money. But that's just me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red Riding Hood.

Finished Reading