Shawna's Reviews > Hot-Wired (From 0-60, #3)

Hot-Wired (From 0-60, #3) by Jennifer LaBrecque

Apr 17, 2009

bookshelves: harlequin-blaze-silhouette-romance, quick-read-romance, 2009-reads, contemporary-romance, sports-romance-hot-jocks, hero-bad-boy-playboy-player, i-read-no-longer-own-sold-swapped, why-do-good-girls-like-bad-boys, author-jennifer-labrecque, 4-stars, bikes-grease-monkey-hot-rods-racer
Recommended for: Fans of steamy contemporary romance; fans of race car driving bad boys
Read in May, 2009

4 stars – Contemporary Romance

You can usually expect a good dose of steam and heat from a Harlequin Blaze read, and “Hot-Wired” certainly sizzles, but besides that, it’s a surprisingly sweet contemporary romance to boot.

Racing bad boy with a heart of gold Beau Stillwell has been taking care of his mom and sister since his dad died when he was sixteen, and he’s not too crazy about his baby sister Caitlyn marrying up-and-coming country music star Cash Vickers (is that a classic country singer name or what?). Beau owns a construction company, and his sister wants him alone to do the renovations on the southern mansion Belle Terre her fiancé bought her in order for them to hold their wedding there. Beau figures if he drags his feet on doing the property renovations long enough, his sister’s fiancé will have time to bail out or show his true colors, thus saving his baby sister from what he deems as a big mistake. And of course, it’s for her own good and not because he’s an overprotective brother right? His plan seems to be working like a charm; that is until his sister’s uptight, hardworking wedding planner Natalie Bridges shows up at the racetrack determined to convince Beau to get with the program.

Beau and Natalie are opposites and aren’t each others’ types at all, but of course the sparks fly, crackle, and pop right from the jump. A battle of wills ensues, and Beau and Natalie soon engage in some heated banter...and of course some smokin’ sheet action.

Natalie brings out Beau’s tender, soft side and protective instincts, and he unleashes her inner naughty girl. She might be serious, classy, and uptight on the surface, but Beau taps into her personal freak-in-the-bed...and the floor, the grass...you get the picture! There’s an enticingly sexy scene featuring a fireplace and cream cheese frosting that had me craving for more yummy explicit details, but it's still fairly erotic for a quick read Harlequin romance.

“Hot-Wired” is a pretty satisfying contemporary romance with a sweet, sexy racing hunk and a sassy heroine who fires up his engine. 4 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hot-Wired (From 0-60, #3).

05/17/2009 page 62
27.68% "A little Harlequin Blaze action for a rainy Sunday morning."
05/17/2009 page 224
100.0% "Beau can hot-wire me anytime!"

message 1: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Hi Shawna.

Have you read any books by this author yet? I don't read a lot of HQ's, but LaBrecque is one of my favorites thanks to Daisiemae. Her book Barely Mistaken: The Wrong Bed is a popular one here on GR!

Tammy =)

Shawna Hi Tammy!

No, I haven't read anything by the author yet, but some of the HQ Blaze are pretty steamy! Thanks for letting me know about the author!

Shawna

message 3: by Tammy (new)

Tammy I think you'll like this author. I can't wait until she starts writing full-sized novels. She is that good.

message 4: by Auntee (new)

Auntee Sounds good--not that I need another book...:)

Shawna I hear you Auntee, but it's a super quick read!

message 6: by Miss Kim (new) - added it

Miss Kim This sounds good!

message 7: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Awesome review! Can't believe I forgot this one was released earlier this month.

Corrine Okay, I'm intrigued. I've been reading more and more category, mostly Silhouette Special Editions.

Shawna Thanks! :) I thought it was pretty good (and hot) for a 224 page read! Hope ya'll like it!