La La's Reviews > In the Age of Love and Chocolate

In the Age of Love and Chocolate by Gabrielle Zevin

Feb 08, 2013

bookshelves: on-my-bookshelf

4.5 on my blog only because I loved the second book so much. Please don't let the covers of this trilogy fool you, they are not Romance novels, I get so tired of seeing fabulous YA stories rated one and two stars because they aren't dripping in physical romance! YA does not have to have romance in it! I also am hestant to call it a Dystopian because as the author notes in her acknowledgments, the storyline is much more about tbe heroine, Anya, overcoming internal obstacles than outside perils. I loved these books so much I bought them in hard cover for my shelves. I will he reviewing the trilogy as a whole on my blog and will add the link once it is posted.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Age of Love and Chocolate.

February 8, 2013 – Shelved
April 18, 2015 – Started Reading
April 18, 2015 – Shelved as: on-my-bookshelf
April 18, 2015 –
page 40
13.99% "I read five review books in a row so as a reward I am reading a me book!"
April 18, 2015 –
page 61
21.33% "I love Gabrielle's writing so much! It is like a hug from an old friend."
April 20, 2015 –
page 111
38.81% "I almost hate to finish this book! I wonder if she is thinking about another triolgy?"
April 22, 2015 –
page 130
45.45% "I adore Theo. <3"
April 30, 2015 –
page 151
52.8% "This oight to he interesting. :)"
May 1, 2015 –
page 260
90.91% "One thing I love about this book is the manageable length of chapters. I like to stop reading at the end of chapters and it has been easily accomplished."
May 1, 2015 –
page 286
100.0% "I will miss your adventures, Anya."
May 1, 2015 – Finished Reading