Melissa Rochelle's Reviews > The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving

The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving by Jonathan Evison

bookshelves: read-2013, ebook, library

I've mentioned this before: I typically don't read book descriptions. I pick books based on the vague things I hear on Twitter or I see a starred rating somewhere. I'm hesitant to read reviews or descriptions because there's always the chance of a spoiler.

This is a book I decided to finally read because I saw it listed on NoveList as a readalike for Me Before You and I was curious because that didn't really compute for me.

This is a fantastic book and I do understand the comparison, but (as I've mentioned before) I think it's also a readalike for The Silver linings Playbook.

Like SLP, RFC is about a man who has lost everything and both deal with the journeys the main characters take to rediscover themselves...their lives...and maybe their sanity.

This is a fantastic book. There's one chapter that was so heartbreakingly wonderful that I read it aloud to my husband. (view spoiler) Now I need to find more by Mr. Evison.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving.

February 7, 2013 – Started Reading
February 7, 2013 – Shelved
February 8, 2013 –
22.0% "#Fridayreads: Me Before You + Silver Linings Playbook = Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving. Good stuff."
February 10, 2013 –
February 11, 2013 –
February 12, 2013 –
85.0% "Saddest chapter ever."
February 12, 2013 – Shelved as: ebook
February 12, 2013 – Shelved as: library
February 12, 2013 – Shelved as: read-2013
February 12, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Robin Keep in mind that his other books are quite different. All About Lulu might be a little closer to this than West of Here.

Melissa Rochelle Robin wrote: "Keep in mind that his other books are quite different. All About Lulu might be a little closer to this than West of Here."

Good to know! West of Here has been on my TBR since it was published so I was kind of familiar with it -- I think that's one of the reasons Revised surprised me so much. I wasn't expecting it to be so emotional and not historical...if that makes sense.