Katie G's Reviews > Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock

Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick

bookshelves: 2013-book-list, contemporary, for-my-classroom, religion, ya-lit-class, young-adult, lgbtq

The plot of this books was a bit subtler than I was expecting, but that didn't keep me from enjoying this book. I found Leonard to be an extremely relatable character, even though I would never even consider his plans. Still, I could see why he would, and I enjoyed learning more about him. Leonard is a complex character, and I just ended up feeling really sorry for him. And I absolutely loved the "letters from the future" idea. I might have to write one of those myself. :)

The ending was rather realistic, which is both good and bad. I was hoping for a bit more at the end, but at the same time it wasn't horrible. I also wish that some of the side characters were a bit more developed, and that there had been at least one likeable female character. The only likeable characters are male, and that bothered me.

Overall, this was a very thought-provoking book, one that I would recommend other people read. Some parts were a bit slow, but for the most part I highly enjoyed this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock.

February 7, 2013 – Shelved