Jennifer G.'s Reviews > Sometimes Never

Sometimes Never by Cheryl McIntyre

Feb 07, 2013

bookshelves: would-read-again

Sometimes Never was a wonderful story. Reminded me of Hopeless.
From the very beginning I was invested in this story, and determined to read it every chance I got until I was done. It had me emotional at times, I laughed, shedded a few tears, smiled, and got pissed a few times. But it was a great read.

Mason and Hope were created for eachother. Although they both had issues, they needed eachother to over come being "Broken"

I think all the characters were great, they all played a great part for the story. Although sometimes I wanted to slap Hope, and tell her enough already, I still loved her character. And Mason, WOW, did I LOVE me some Mason; who the hell wouldn't want one of him :]

One of my favorite lines:
"Sometimes never is a distorted perception. I love you, Hope. And I'm not the only one. I know you care about me. I see it in your eyes. I feel it. Everybody needs love. Everybody. And some people need it more than others. You're a liar if you say you don't. I'll do that for you. I'll love you. All you have to do is let me."

My FAVORITE line:
"Does it scare you? That you might love someone that much someday, just to lose them too?"
"Yes, I've bee scared since the first time I saw you."

I mean I think I would have crumbled right there.

And finally, one of the greatest Epilogue's I have ever read.
It finished off the great story, didn't leave you hanging, and went on for the years later, which I LOVED. And, I didn't have to imagine what happen when the story ended, like most books. Although it wasn't what I expected, it was BETTER.

Thank you Cheryl McIntyre for a WONDERFUL book, story, and ending!!!!
I will keep checking for new books from you :]
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sometimes Never.