Sadrina's Reviews > Renhala

Renhala by Amy Joy Lutchen

F 50x66

bookshelves: first-in-series, reviews, personal-favorite

I got to be honest, Renhala is such a beauty to read. It has a uniquely enticing plot with interesting characters that I just can't help but to love/hate, depending on their roles of course.

Although I admit the first quarter were a bit dull and flat-out not as adventurous as I expected, despite how relatively fast things were actually progressing. I was in fact bored the first quarter of the book because the whole thing was very vague and doesn't really give out much on what I was to expect. I only went on reading for the selfish reason that I loved Phillip for his mysterious, and wise character.

Then, of course, I just had to take back my words because Renhala is so much more than just Kailey's love triangle. It is action-packed, with a touch of magic and plot twists that I loved so much. Renhala, the alternative world, was also magic itself; the creatures, the views, the peoples, and the cultures (of some sort) were fascinating and well-described I actually suspected its existence.

I liked Kailey ─ I thought she was smart and caring ─ but I didn't really see why she put up with Amber's antics so much since she was treated with lesser respect a bestfriend should receive. I also didn't like how Conner was in the way.. Sure he's nice and sexy and all, but I felt that he wasn't the right guy for Kailey dear.

There are a lot going on this book and it got so long I actually wondered, at some point, if I have unconsciously missed the ending and was actually reading the sequels. Not that I hated it but it dragged out for too long with a lot of flashbacks and a lot of ponderings and what-ifs. This made the book a very long read though the overall effect was very satisfying despite how I felt that it could have been summarized and made it straight to the point, and still be as addictive as it is.

All in all Renhala is a great read. 4 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Renhala.

February 7, 2013 – Shelved