I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)'s Reviews > Bad Rep

Bad Rep by A. Meredith Walters

BAD REP is loaded with all the angst and stereotypical drama one might expect to find when sorority girls combine alcohol with boys and hormones.

Honestly, I wanted to love it...it had all the elements I generally find appealing in a novel: hottie bad boy, rockers, love triangle and a little smut action for good measure. Though I enjoyed the idea of the book and generally liked the characters, I became disenchanted with the story because of the constant drama. It was a little exhausting and I would have like to have read more about Jordan and Maysie's budding relationship, but there seemed to always be something pulling them apart in their quest to be together and I was not satisfied with that aspect of the story.

Another point of weakness in the story, in my opinion, was the portrayal of sorority life... I would be curious to know if author, A. Meredith Walters was actually in a sorority? Maybe she was... Greek life varies drastically from school to school, but I found myself doing the "eye roll" frequently in regards to her portrayal of "Rush Week" - alcohol in the sorority house at the rush parties? No, I don't think so! In my experience, that would be a supreme way to get the entire sorority put on probation by the National Panhellenic Council and possibly booted off campus entirely. Not believable. To be fair, maybe this particular sorority isn’t governed by a higher organization and can get by with such behavior – I know, I know, it’s a fictitious sorority, but still I can’t see this going down.

I didn’t much care for Maysie’s character. I thought she was a bit annoying and I grew tired of her apparent need to always run away from her problems. Though her parents were mentioned and it was stated on several occasions that there was obvious tension in the family, we never learn the real source of the conflict, other than Maysie’s mounting debt – so, that aspect felt unresolved for me as a reader. I did, however, like Jordan’s character. He was charming, respectful and driven; he seemed to be an overall good guy.

BAD REP’s plot was a great idea, but less than stellar execution.

**Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

______________________________________________________________________

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Rep.

February 6, 2013 – Shelved as: z-amazon
February 6, 2013 – Shelved
February 6, 2013 – Shelved as: z-borrowed
February 11, 2013 – Started Reading
February 11, 2013 –
28.0% "Even if this book ends up sucking, it has already won my heart by the mention of my favorite Led Zeppelin song, but known by few, TANGERINE! Aaaahhhh.... love it!"
February 11, 2013 – Shelved as: 2013
February 13, 2013 – Shelved as: zz-reviewed
February 13, 2013 – Finished Reading
February 26, 2013 – Shelved as: genre-new-adult
March 21, 2013 – Shelved as: zz-read-or-reviewed-new-adult

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Gabby Have you read it?!?!!??!!?!?

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) it's up next - I see you gave it 5 stars... good, huh?

Gabby yep! :)
I really, really, really liked!!!
Didn't know that bathrooms could be so steamy!! ;)

message 4: by preppea (new)

preppea So I'm laughing at your review b/c alcohol REALLY would have improved rush week - like, A LOT! maybe we should write some letters to Panhellenic (cuz that would work, right?)...

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Michelle wrote: "So I'm laughing at your review b/c alcohol REALLY would have improved rush week - like, A LOT! maybe we should write some letters to Panhellenic (cuz that would work, right?)..."

LMAO... YES! Alcohol would have DEFINITELY been helpful.