Dawn Husted's Reviews > The Burn

The Burn by Annie Oldham

The Burn (book one of the Burn Series) is set in a post-apocalyptic time period evolving around the ‘colonists’ and the people that have survived the burn. The colony consists of a society of doctors and scientists that created an underwater civilization due to the nuclear fall-out. Terra, the main character, is a teenage girl who hates living underwater, never EVER seeing what it’s like above ground (The Burn). In fact, it’s practically forbidden to talk about the Burn. The entire plot hooked me. I never expected the horrible sacrifice Terra would have to make in regards for her longing Burn passion and was deeply curious about what would happen once she reached the surface. I really enjoyed the story; however it slowed down a tad for me towards the middle. Even still, it quickly picked back up and the last half of the book was just as easy to read as the first. And the entire book was fun and exciting. I look forward to In Fraction, book two of the Burn Series. I can’t help but wonder what will take place between Terra and her new found friendship.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Burn.

February 6, 2013 – Started Reading
February 6, 2013 – Shelved
April 17, 2013 –
81.0% "Have really enjoyed reading this book. Can't wait to see how it ends!"
April 18, 2013 –