Nara's Reviews > Mortal Danger

Feb 05, 2013

it was ok
bookshelves: fantasy, paranormal

Meh.
There was something very jarring about the writing- it just felt like the author tried to slot in all these descriptive phrases in all the wrong places. The dialogue also seemed very stilted.
The romance was pretty bad as well. The love interest is one of those stalker types who we're supposed to forgive for his stalkerish tendencies because he's hot and "cares about" the protagonist. Lel no.

Ratings
Overall: 3/10
Plot: 2/5
Romance: 1/5
Writing: 1/5
Characters: 2/5
Cover: 4/5
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mortal Danger.

February 5, 2013 – Shelved
June 15, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
November 2, 2014 – Started Reading
November 3, 2014 – Shelved as: fantasy
November 3, 2014 – Shelved as: paranormal
November 3, 2014 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Gesa (new) - added it

Gesa Eije... I really wanted to read it, but now I'm not so sure anymore... was it really that bad?

Nara Yeah...it really wasn't that great... the main character isn't very well developed, and the writing in general is very stilted :/

message 3: by Gesa (new) - added it

Gesa Too bad, it looks so good...

Nara I know right! The cover is so pretty

message 5: by Gesa (new) - added it

Gesa And my Cover-book-detector said it is worth reading and most times it is right x) Good think I didn't buy it jet ^^

Faye, la Patata Never really liked this one. It was so all over the place for me!

Nara Gesa wrote: "And my Cover-book-detector said it is worth reading and most times it is right x) Good think I didn't buy it jet ^^"

Well, you could probs borrow from the library if you still want to give it a go- there have been some people who have enjoyed it, so maybe you'll be one of those people too :)

Nara Faye, la Patata wrote: "Never really liked this one. It was so all over the place for me!"

Yeah it was definitely rather chaotic. And I feel like there was too much emphasis on the whole "beauty solves everything" -_-

message 9: by Gesa (new) - added it

Gesa Nara wrote: "Gesa wrote: "And my Cover-book-detector said it is worth reading and most times it is right x) Good think I didn't buy it jet ^^"

Well, you could probs borrow from the library if you still want to..."

Maybe, if I still remember it by then, because then I need to wait until it is translated into german (our libary seems to allergic against englisch books) and even then I should wait for a bit if it doesen't hype here x)... low buget and such, you know ^^