Wendy Darling's Reviews > Sacrifice

Sacrifice by Brigid Kemmerer

bookshelves: 2014-publication, kensington, young-adult, male-pov, september, own-dtb-tbr, read-2014

3.5 stars I've always had a soft spot for Michael, but it's so cool to see his powers at work, too. I wish we'd seen something more interesting happen with his love interest as well as with the Merrick boys in general to give this series a proper sendoff, but still--these are such fun books and I've thoroughly enjoyed reading them.

Full review: http://www.themidnightgarden.net/2014...

Real, no kidding spoiler: (view spoiler)

Notes:

-- If you want to discuss specifics of the book, please use spoiler tags as appropriate in the comments below.

-- Be aware that the book is approximately 274 pages--the last 50 pages are so are previews of the other books, and from looking at other reviews, it looks like the e-book is the same way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sacrifice.

February 4, 2013 – Shelved
July 26, 2014 – Started Reading
July 27, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica I gasped aloud at the spoiler. Thank you for that, that's the sort of thing I can't deal with in my fun reading -- not without being prepared for it anyway.

Wendy Darling Yeah, I figured there were people who'd want to know ahead of time, even though I feel like it's been foreshadowed a bit in previous novels. Hopefully those who don't want to be spoiled won't be clicking on that.

Emily Ward Oh my god why did I click the Spoiler?? I didn't mean too!! oh god, I need mind bleach. I must forget.

Wendy Darling ...I don't know. :(

message 5: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca I can't wait for your review on this! I actually started the series after reading about it on The Midnight Garden, and I'm pretty excited for this last one.

And that spoiler! Shocking, but I can't say it was unexpected :(

message 6: by Brigid (new)

Brigid i should start these books. Author has the same name as me ;)

Wendy Darling Oh cool, thanks for letting me know that, Rebecca! I'm excited to hear what you think of this one. Grrr to reading that spoiler before reading the book, though. I am looking at you STERNLY. But yeah, this has been sort of telegraphed for awhile now.

Brigid--hah, a good a reason to start it as any! Plus they're just very fun.

message 8: by Mauve7 (new)

Mauve7 I kind of expected that too. Not sure if I'll be reading this book. It's on my TBR list, but I'm not sure it's really worth it anymore. :(

Wendy Darling Aw, I'm sorry, Mauve. It wasn't hard to see that coming, but it's still a bummer. Especially because it kinda just happens and then it's done, not much aftermath for that at all.

message 10: by Amber J. (new) - added it

Amber J. It's taking all my will power to not click that spoiler lol. But I'm so behind - I still haven't finished Hunter's book.

Please just tell me the ending of the series won't make me want to throw my Kindle Fire at the wall =/

Wendy Darling Oh no, it won't make you want to do that, Amber. No worries on that front.

message 12: by Kala (new)

Kala Trying so hard not to click the spoiler tag too! Can't wait to read this one :)

Wendy Darling You are NOT allowed to click that spoiler! It'll take you no time at all to read the book, and then you'll know. You'll know what I'm referring to without even clicking on it.

Denisa Yeah I totally agree with what you've said! And Yeah, the book was very short, I didn't know the last pages were the previews so I was like: Okay, the book isn't over yet! Then I turned the page and it was over. I was really sad

Wendy Darling Yeah, I would've been really upset if I hadn't noticed the bonus material at the beginning. The book does feel really short, I wish it had spent more time on some things. Good to see you also enjoyed it overall, though!

Amber at Fall Into Books The shortness with the bonus stuff had me fooled into thinking some things were actually going to resolve themselves, if you get what I mean, and that kind of robbed me from having any emotional connection to the experience, which I didn't like. I wish I'd noticed it at first, but I read the e-ARC.

Bookcrazy ~ So what? I'm still a rock star~ I agree the book is too short to have all the gorgeous emotions the other ones had.