preppea's Reviews > Bound by Fire

Bound by Fire by Tracey Jane Jackson

Feb 04, 2013

bookshelves: read-to-review, romance, paranormal, zz-reviewed

BOUND BY FIRE is the second book in the Cauld Ane series and like the first, has all the right ingredients for a spectacular paranormal romance: hot alpha male who will love you unconditionally and will follow you to the end of the earth and drag you back if you try to leave, an action-packed plot, and writing that encompasses you and sucks you in.

Pepper has not had an easy life with an alcoholic mother, mother's boyfriends that paw at her when her mom passes out, and now a stalker who seems determined to ruin her life. In walks Connall and true to the Cauld Ane way, he instantly knows Pepper is his mate and the two become inseparable. I love how deeply these Scottish men love - to the core; there is no in-between with them and they won't take no for an answer. It is sexy and endearing, all at once. I do have to say that I didn't "feel" Pepper and Connall quite the way I did Sam and Kade, I thought that their love story almost took a backseat to the action-filled storyline. The secondary characters also seemed to have a more surface level depth than in the prior book, although this didn't stop me from getting really excited to hear their story.

I think Tracey Jane Jackson has an amazing ability to write a world that you instantly become a part of as a reader. She also seems to know just how to set up the next Cauld Ane love interest - leaving the reader drooling for the next book in the series. Now I just have to figure out whether its Max or Brodie I'm most dying to fall in love with next! You'll want to read this fantastic (and refreshingly clean) series in order to really get a full understanding of the Cauld Ane dynamic and all the characters involved; you won't be disappointed!

**Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.

**Reviewed by Michelle on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews and The Romance Reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bound by Fire.

February 4, 2013 – Started Reading
February 4, 2013 – Shelved
February 4, 2013 – Shelved as: read-to-review
February 5, 2013 –
page 84
32.94% "Omg, I forgot just how much I LOVE this series, I'm in book paradise!"
February 8, 2013 – Shelved as: romance