Once's Reviews > Giving Up the Ghost

Giving Up the Ghost by S.A. Price

First off I must start with this cover. When I saw it, I was like heck yea Ill read this book. It's a cover meant for me. I'm a big music junkie and love the concert/festival scenes, so seeing that portrayed on this cover was a win for me. Then the colors, graphics and fonts really did come together in a badass way. Its a rockstar kind of cover. So kuddos to the person(s) behind the design.

I was excited to know that Giving Up the Ghost was being considered New Adult. I've been on this New Adult cloud that just won't come down back to earth. So I jumped right in and began reading. I did have to take a forced break due to a review that was due for another book on a blog tour but then I picked this one back up pronto. Didn't stop until I was done with it. Giving Up the Ghost did something that no other book has made me do, I was reading one of the witty lines that Rhys' character says and it made me actual spit my drink out from LOL'ing and blush at the same time. One of my favorite lines ever. I wished I could share it but I can't since I try and keep things PG-13 at least on the site with reviews. Let's just say it refers to a lollipop type comment. Saffron had no chance after that. S.A. Price nailed it for me in this book with the story and its constant banter between Saffron and Rhys. It got real saucy up in those pages. Honestly this is why I really love New Adult, because you have the same concept/feel as YA books but the authors don't have to hold back or fade to black in the saucy parts. I can sit here all day and just name scene after scene that I loved about this book. There is a dance between Saffron and Rhys, Oh man was that a great piece to read. I enjoyed also reading about Saffron's rockstar attire. Then how Saffron described how it felt to hear Rhys sing in his concerts, its like you are there with her listening and feeling the impact of his songs. Such a great book if you are a fan of romance, music, sauciness and ghost.

Ha, left you hanging there with Ghost right? Read on to see what I'm talking about. Well Giving Up the Ghost follows Saffron and Rhys stories. Rhys is the lead singer of 13 Shades of Red band and your ultimate rockstar god that comes equipped with looks, body and a voice gifted by the gods. Saffron is brought in to the swing of things when she is hired as the band's new tour manager after last manager OD's. She has lived and been a part of the lifestyle before and this is her biggest gig yet. She knows she can't let hottie lead singer mess that up for her no matter how much he wants her. Of course Saffron isn't immune to Rhys charms and tricks. So game on for those two. Did I mention that Rhys can see and speak to the dead, those that appear as ghost at least. So when a ghost he never thought would show up ever, finally does, Rhys looses it. When Rhys lost Phaedra, his fiancée, he prayed she would show up to him one day and time kept passing and nothing. Then as soon as Rhys has Saffron in his sights, Phaedra decides it time to intervene. So much is about to go down, will Saffron and Rhys go forward with what they feel between them? Will Rhys settle on loving a ghost of his fiancée past life? Saffron will need to man up fast and she will have to depend on some help from some supernatural beings if she will make this all work out. Rhys needs to come to terms with his heartache and hopefully break free and move on. Giving Up the Ghost will you keep on the edge of your seat, be at at saucy times or when the supernatural comes a knockin.

I like how this book began, its middle and its ending. Just when you thought it was getting predictable, it would complete turn its course on ya. Any fan of New Adult or Adult reading will enjoy this book. S.A. Price took real experiences and infused them into the pages of Giving Up the Ghost which made for a great realistic read even with the ghost involved. Giving Up the Ghost is a Rockstar of a read. I can't wait for book 2 on Winter's (Phaedra brother).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Giving Up the Ghost.

February 4, 2013 – Started Reading
February 4, 2013 – Shelved
February 13, 2013 –
February 16, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Once One of the best line ever is in this book! Its not PG so I can share publicly but LOVE IT! Had me LOL for like 10mins.