Elisa Rolle's Reviews > Falling

Falling by Cameron Dane

Apr 14, 2009

Read in January, 2008

Falling is the second on a series which tells the story of three Demon brothers, Connor, Cain and Caleb.

In the first book Connor has gained his mortality mating with a human female, Cassie. Having a woman as mate is the only way to become a full human, but Cain can't pursue this way, cause he is gay. Worst, for the Naverto Demon, his breed, homosexuality is a capital crime, punichable by death.

And so Cain for more than 150 years has avoided personal relationship, living only for the love of his horses. But now Cassie, Connor's wife, asks him to help his best friend Luke. Luke is a 25 years old cowboy who is beaten almost to death cause his former employer has found about his homosexuality. Cassie doesn't know that for Cain falls in love with Luke means death. But there is no way that Cain can't deny the feeling he soons has for Luke. Now they only can live full the days they have before the Demon Council strikes with his death sentence.

I have to admit I was a lit bit intrigued by a book which mix cowboys with demons... I don't know why but these are two genre I didn't see well together. So when I read the plot of this romance I was perplexed. But then, I put a blind vote on Loose Id and decide to give Cameron Dane a try. The lenght of the book, 350 pages, almost discourage me (I'm not particulary fond of too long book, I have this kink to be able to read a book in one night...). All conjures to make me not read this book.

But in the end I read it in only two night! it's a pretty good story, very tender and with very few paranormal elements. Really, it's more a "classical" (meaning for classical the late books about manlove between two hot cowboys...) love story than a paranormal one. Nor Cain or Luke are true alpha, they are both good beta. Maybe Luke is a bit stronger than Cain, and this was a surprise, cause given the demon nature of Cain, I was expecting him as the tougher and stronger character. But to be true Luke and Cain are very pretty balanced characters.

In the end Falling is more normal, than most of the contemporary I have read lately.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling.

11/08/2016 marked as: read