Astoria 's Reviews > Daughters of Darkness

Daughters of Darkness by L.J. Smith

What I like about this book, is the fact that Mary-Lynnette, actually has a choice, she could've made everything perfect and easy for Ash and stay with him, next to him, for eternity, but she decides she can not do with that kind of live.

Ash was such a jerk on "Secret Vampire", and I honestly hated him then, but He was just so different and he is the guy that will make sure he is worthy of the girl - because of himself, and who he was before. I honestly loved him here. Mary is strong, and not so delicate. L. J. Smith has this thing going on ( which is amazing), and all of her leading characters are females. SO this vampires do feed on humans. and Mary has a life out side of her soulmate. Mary loves the stars, and that is how Ash plans to convince her of becoming a Night World person.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daughters of Darkness.

Quotes Astoria Liked

L.J. Smith
“Even when we're apart, we'll be looking at the same sky!”

L.J. Smith
“I don't need to kill goats to say things. I CAN talk.”

“Ash? Get bent and die.”

L.J. Smith
“Jeremy: "Who did it? Wait-you think I did. Don't you?"
Ash: "It did cross our minds at one point. Actually, it seemed to keep crossing them. Back and forth. Maybe we should put in a crosswalk.”

L.J. Smith
“The thing is- and I know this is going to sound strange-that I seem to love you sort of desperately”

L.J. Smith
“QUINN; You always look after Number One, don't you?
ASH; Doesn't everybody?

February 6, 2009 – Started Reading
February 6, 2009 – Finished Reading
April 13, 2009 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura I think Ash was great in both books. He's such an awesome character and I'm really crushing on him. A lot of people didn't like him in the first book (Secret Vampire)but I really think he was the best part of the book. And it made the second book better after knowing what kind of person he was bc we already got to know him in the first book as the ruthless person he was. I love the fact that he's kinda badass and selfish. I also love that Ash and Mary doesn't fall in love right when they meet and that they fight all the time and only realise that they love each other in the last chapters and the fact that Mary kinda hates him in the beginning.