Rane's Reviews > Cloche and Dagger

Cloche and Dagger by Jenn McKinlay

1987431
Feb 03, 2013

bookshelves: cozies-mystery-suspense, keeper

After a scandal rocks her life and makes her a viral sensation. Scarlett Parker's cousin Vivian Tremont decides in time she come and help run their grandmother's hat shop she left to both of them- Mim's Whims.
In London, Scarlett doesn't find the peace and quiet she's been craving, but a whole host of troubles from her cousin's sudden disappearance,delirious financial advisor Harrison Wentworth she doesn't know if she wants to kiss or choke and the sudden death of a customer with her only wearing one of their hats!
Scarlett doesn't know who to turn to but she better find out fast whose behind it all before she's next!

For me, Jenn McKinlay is a hit and miss author. While I never got into her Cupcake Bakery series, I've become a big fan of her Library Lover's series. So when I read the write up for her newest series, I was looking forward to this series. Not only I'm a Anglophile (after so years of reading regency romances of course) I adore hats of all kinds! This turned out to everything I was looking forward!

Scarlett was a great mix of manager/flirt/fun loving person and hates cooking! The back and forth between her friemeny Harrison was yummy with the tension coming off their banter in heavy waves.

I love how McKinlay used alot of Brit slang, wonderful locations and history and normal day activities.
The trouble I had overall with the story was lack of mystery and focus on the case. There was some good leads but I would have loved more of a push instead of a sudden rush toward the end to the reveal.
Still I greatly enjoyed this book and the crazy cast of characters (and I think I may found my newest book bf in Harry!) I can't wait to see what Jenn McKinlay has in store for this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cloche and Dagger.

February 3, 2013 – Shelved