Kaelin's Reviews > The Girl Who Played with Fire

The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson

bookshelves: 10th-grade

The Girl Who Played With Fire is the second book in the Millennium trilogy. It follows Lisbeth Salander as she's on the run and wanted for three murders which she did not commit. We learn a great deal about Lisbeth in this installment of the trilogy. We find out about her family history, why she was institutionalized, crimes she supposedly committed, and how she came to be who she is. Many of the things we learn are very shocking, following the trend of the violent themes that were started in the first book. This installment shows us a lot about what Lisbeth's society thinks of her and how they react to her. Many people become fearful of her because of what she is suspected of. Her appearance is offsetting as well: her many tattoos and piercings don't give the most gentle impression. We learn how society makes assumptions based on false publicized information and end up sympathizing with a character who we may not be meant to love. I think this book lives up to the first novel and I'm interested to see what the final installment brings.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Played with Fire.

February 3, 2013 – Shelved