Gabic Reads's Reviews > Wait for You

Wait for You by J. Lynn

bookshelves: reviewed-2013

Original review on Gabic Reads

Avery is late for her first day of class when the most embarrassing thing happens. She runs into somebody. And not just anybody; the hottest guy on campus with the most intriguing blue eyes, Cam. And he's immediately captivated by her: this shy, admittedly a little socially awkward, girl who has obviously been through some sort of trauma.

Cam also happens to live across the hall from her. And he has a pet turtle named Raphael. Seriously, how awesome is that? Cam is kind of annoying, but in a really adorable way. I liked him from the beginning. He goes from total stranger to best friend to boyfriend over the course of the book and I loved that they were friends before they started dating. And that he waited until she was ready. Cam helped Avery work through a lot of stuff she needed to work through.

Avery was great. From the beginning, you could tell she'd been through some terrible things before she came away to college. I loved trying to guess what had happened. She also started getting these emails and phone calls from an unknown person and it kept you wondering who it was.

All in all, Wait For You was amazing and I can't wait for the companion novel Be With Me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wait for You.

February 3, 2013 – Shelved