Rachel's Reviews > Forsaken

Forsaken by Heather Fleener

Feb 03, 2013

bookshelves: witch-wizards-and-sorcerers, vampires, 2013
Recommended for: fantasy lovers, twilight fans, charmed fans, panormal romance fans

4.5

The first 17 chapters are set primarily in Chicago where you meet Ella, a non-practicing Fire Caste witch with a fiery personality and Nicholas (aka Cole), a dark vampire warrior. The storyline slows down a little in the middle of this first part as the romance heats up. This section reminded me a little bit of Pretty Woman minus the stripper.

The following 30 chapters are mostly set in the Realm. Ella and Nicholas' story becomes intertwined with Lorcan and Kaitriana. This is where I had trouble putting the book down until I finished it.

I must confess I am getting a little addicted to this series. When I read the first book I didn't realize these were paranormal romance novels so I was a little taken back by the "romance" aspect. I am not a huge romance novel reader, but this is one of the best ones I have read. I usually associate romance novel with not having much of a storyline outside the romance, but this book is so much more than just your typical romance.

This book has witty dialogue, lovable characters (I love Dunkirk) and a captivating plot. This author creates a world that I can't wait to get sucked into.

I really hope I am not going to have to wait a year till book 3, Broken is released. The main protagonists in Broken are Kylie and Sayer.

****SPOILERS-QUESTIONS I HAD AFTER FINISHING FORSAKEN*****

1. Kylie says, “Do not challenge me, Warrior. Maeve will not allow me to engage you.” According to my googling, Maeve is the Warrior Queen of Faeries. How is she going to play into the storyline?

2. Who is Calliope? Kylie says to Broderick, “Your precious Calliope killed us all!”

3. Who changed Kylie into a vampire?

4. Are all the Queens going to be related to Myrrdyn?

5. What is the deal with Sayer and Kylie? He seems to be in love with her, but I don’t know.

6. Is Cade going to be one of main protagonist in one of books? He sure sounds sexy enough to be.

7. Are Lilly and Dunkirk going to get together? I thought she liked witches?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forsaken.

February 3, 2013 – Shelved