Julie's Reviews > The Velveteen Rabbit

The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams Bianco

bookshelves: favorite-books-for-young-children, year-of-the-rabbit

I just read this to my 4-year-old daughter (after reading it to my son for years) and when I looked over through my watery eyes and saw the little tears racing down her cheeks, it confirmed for me that she would always understand the more precious aspects of life. If you love this book or you have children and don't know this book, I HIGHLY recommend the audio version with Meryl Streep as narrator and George Winston on piano. It is sublime.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Velveteen Rabbit.

Started Reading
February 1, 2013 – Finished Reading
February 2, 2013 – Shelved
February 2, 2013 – Shelved as: favorite-books-for-young-children
May 6, 2018 – Shelved as: year-of-the-rabbit

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Jessaka Great review. Such precious moments with your children.

Dustin Nice review. We read this to Carter as part of Advent last year, and I just read it for myself and reviewed it. This one's up there with Charlotte's Web for me.💙💙

Cheri This book has a special place in my heart, Julie. When I was in high school, walking the hallways between classes, I found a copy of this on the floor. It was the first year that Children's Literature had been an elective, and I was one of maybe a dozen people in that class. I still remember how I felt the first time I read this - at the time I was working with inner-city kids to improve their reading skills and encourage them to read, and I will never forget the impact this one had on some of them.

Julie Cheri,
How lovely! Do you mean you took a Children's Lit class in high school?