Anna's Reviews > Tail Spin

Tail Spin by Catherine Coulter

F 50x66
Apr 12, 2009

it was ok

I want you to read this book.

No, seriously. Read this book.

And whenever they refer to Rachael's braid, hear my voice saying, "What the fuck is UP with the stupid braid?!" They mention it so much that I wonder if that is actually a signal to men that you're attractive. Is that what a braid does? Because all I remember about Rachael is that she has a stupid braid that EVERYONE looks at.

Supposedly it's sexy. I'm trying to figure out what the hell a sexy braid looks like and how a male character, when looking her over, will let his gaze LINGER over her braid, as though that is what's drawing him to her. Not her attractiveness or her impressive personality (of which she doesn't seem to have).

Dear god. I'm tempted to strangle myself with a freaking braid right now.

The worst part? I kept thinking how much better the story would have been if Elizabeth Lowell had written it. I kept thinking how much more interesting a husband and wife team is written by JD Robb.

There's no chemistry between the characters, none of the chemistry that is needed. They talk about Jack as an honourable man, one that's rough and sexy but a true gentleman.

I don't see it.

And Elizabeth Lowell did it better in Midnight in Ruby Bayou with Walker.

If you want to read this book, remember my voice. Otherwise, if you want a good suspense romance book, I would suggest you read Elizabeth Lowell or JD Robb instead. Ooooh, or Karen Rose.

Yes, definitely those three.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tail Spin.

April 12, 2009 – Shelved
Started Reading
April 13, 2009 – Finished Reading

David Ketelsen There's so many plot holes in this book that it's amazing Coulter was willing to have it published. And that braid was so ridiculously --- it was mentioned every few pages.

Susan (the other Susan) Her braid must have had something weird woven into it, like a live skink. That's why no one could stop staring.

Susan (the other Susan) ... Or maybe "braid" is a euphemism for breasts.

Chuck iagree with the "braid" thing. I thought it was a woman thing since the book was written by a woman. Can't find many braids in Michael Connelly or Lee Child novels.

Tara Truex Seriously guys. It was mentioned 2 times in 1 chapter and 1 time in a couple others...