SallyHP's Reviews > Sloppy Firsts

Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty

bookshelves: i-m-technically-too-old-to-read-thi

Sloppy Firsts A NovelI didn't even have time to move this book from "to read" to "currently reading" because I banged it out in a day. Then I immediately went online to request the next four from the library, in addition to her collection of essays 'Sweet Sixteen'. McCafferty has nailed the 'youth lit that will have every thirty year old woman reading the book start to finish in a day' genre, and I can't wait to follow the adventures of the "Notso" Darling, Jessica all the way to what will have to be her triumphant emergence into full-on womanhood.

I feel she could be talking about teens today, and was shocked when I stopped to calculate that Y2K was almost a DECADE ago! However, the time factor also allows me to more closely relate to the characters since I was only a sophomore in college then and high school was not quite so far removed.

For all you ladies that loved Sweet Valley High...get ready to fall in love with the series that kicks Francine Pascal's ass!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sloppy Firsts.

April 12, 2009 – Shelved
Started Reading
May 9, 2009 – Finished Reading
June 27, 2013 – Shelved as: i-m-technically-too-old-to-read-thi

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Maggie I have this book. I'll send it to you in the next few days. When you're done, feel free to pass it on to someone else!