Tina's Reviews > Thoughtless

Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens

did not like it
bookshelves: kindle

Let me start by saying that I don't want to offend the author or any reader who greatly enjoyed the book, but I feel the need to share my utter disappointment and disgust after reading it.

Love triangles. Although so common in life, they still hold a great potential in regards to writing a story about one. Unfortunately, this is not the case with Thoughtless. It's probably because the author didn't want to waste her time exploring the subject, when all she could do is write about pretty girls, hot guys, steamy sex (do you see the $ sings?). Well, that's what disappointed me, because (with a little bit of hard brain activity) one could really explore the issue of love triangles, is it really possible to love two people at the same time, to keep it in my pants or not to keep it in my pants, to cheat or not to cheat with one of your boyriend's/girlfriend's closest friends (you know, that kind of stuff) and write a wonderful book.

But nooooo, the author simply decided to create a perfect moron for her lead female character (and I'm putting this very mildly), put her in a love triangle situation, that is not even that complicated to begin with, and turn her into an armed madman on the loose. So, since going deeper into this would probably bring up some spoilers to this already rotten story, I would simply say that I'm disgusted by the way the author handles and presents such situations to an intended audience of young adults. I mean, come on, lady, we should not teach young women that it's ok to do what Kiera does, should we now (why is it that the word slut keeps flashing into my mind)?

And one more thing: Thoughtless made me cry myself to sleep. Wanna know why? Because at some point trees have been killed for this book to be printed...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thoughtless.

Started Reading
February 1, 2013 – Shelved
February 1, 2013 – Shelved as: kindle
February 1, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

Tecoya Brantley-Williams So agree! Hates this book

Michelle So agree as well! Bravo for the review.

message 3: by Tina (new) - rated it 1 star

Tina Michelle wrote: "So agree as well! Bravo for the review."

Thanks Michelle!

Louisse Carreon "Thoughtless made me cry myself to sleep. Wanna know why? Because at some point trees have been killed for this book to be printed..."

Hahaha! That was pretty funny. XD

Sarah I didn't even finish this stupid book. By page 600 I was so sick of the bullshit. Kiera is a freakin twat and I hate her. The author pretty much repeated the same type of scene over and over and over. Drove me crazy. Personally I could write this SAME book, plus the two after, in half the pages, with less pussy footing around.And It would be better -_-

relaxitschelsea I bought all 3 books in this trilogy at once and half way through the first one, I was ready for a refund. I hate Kiera so much. I have never hated a fictional character the way I hate her. She is horrible. I would not recommend this book to anyone. Ever.

message 7: by Tina (new) - rated it 1 star

Tina I couldn't agree more, Kiera was really annoying. I have absolutely no intention to read any of the following books or anything written by that author for that matter.

message 8: by Fayley (new)

Fayley Female authors writing about male friends fighting over a girl always give the girl power, when in reality that almost never is the case. 99 times out of 100 the guys would say "screw her lets both dump her , want to get a beer and watch the game?"

message 9: by Teinevai (new)

Teinevai Save the trees!

Christine Diane Guillena Totally! I hate her so much and I want to kill her! I don't even want to finish the book but I'm dying to know what happens to Denny.