Kristalia 's Reviews > Champion

Champion by Marie Lu

Final rating: 5/5 stars

You're gonna suffer, but you are going to be happy about it.
- Ron, Harry Potter

“You once told me why you chose ‘Day’ as your street name,” she says firmly. She moves her hand so that it’s over mine, hiding the paper clip ring from view. The warmth of her skin against mine makes my breath short. “Every morning, everything’s possible again. Right?” (...)
Finally, I take a deep breath. “Sometimes, the sun sets earlier. Days don’t last forever, you know. But I’ll fight as hard as I can. I can promise you that.”

What an interesting conclusion to one of my favorite trilogies. I was shocked, stunned and really surprised by it - i didn't except this kind of ending, but i have to say - it was perfect solution (and most logical one). It doesn't help that i cried last 10 percent (wait, when i think about it, i cried a lot of times in this book...which was unusual), but most important of all, this trilogy has (view spoiler) ending. And i am satisfied.

Without emotion, what’s the point of being human?

STORY :
____________________________________________

It continues few months after the second book ended. Day and June are separated from each other, and went their seperate ways: June to become Princeps-Elect, and Day to live his life the way he wanted to - in safety with his family. But they are reunited once again when Colonies declare war on Republic - and the odds are not looking good for Republic.

The story was also well done, even though it had its flaws, but nonetheless, it was great. I couldn't stop reading it, and i didn't want to. It was really hard for me to go to university and not read... I am just grateful i wasn't reading ending in public (hahahhaa cause that would suck considering i freaking cried like a baby (with sad and happy tears and stuff))....

CHARACTERS :
____________________________________________

He pulls away long enough to look me desperately in the eyes. “If you don’t love me, just say it—you have to help me. It’d probably be for the best. It’d make it easier to stay away from you, wouldn’t it? I can let go.” He says it like he’s trying to convince himself. “I can let go, if you don’t love me.”
He says this as if he thinks I’m the stronger one. But I’m not. I can’t keep this up any better than he can. “No,” I say through gritted teeth and blurry vision. “I can’t help you. Because I do love you.” There it is, out in the open. “I’m in love with you,” I repeat.

Marie Lu did not disappoint considering these books are her first works. I love her captivating writing style and i love her characters (most of all June and Day), even secondary ones, and even those i tried not to like (like (view spoiler)). They were well done, with a nice character developement (especially Anden).

My heart was breaking mostly for Day and June and their struggles. Especially Day, who wanted to sort things out and even though he was brave, he did crumble inside bit by bit. And it felt like we saw the REAL him through this book. And June was great as well, she took her role and position in the world seriously and she had done the right thing, right till the end ((view spoiler)).

“You drive me insane, June,” he murmurs against my hair. “You’re the scariest, most clever, bravest person I know, and sometimes I can’t catch my breath because I’m trying so hard to keep up. There will never be another like you. You realize that, don’t you? Billions of people will come and go in this world,” he says softly, “but there will never be another like you.”

Tess ended up to be more mature and reasonable than i thought, and i am happy because of that, but i was mostly surprised with Anden , who amazed me by proving himself to be worth leader and great ruler - just what the Republic needed. Eden was strong and loveable character, and not to mention cute and adorable as well. And so on and on...the point is..they were well done and i loved it.
____________________________________________

OVERALL :
____________________________________________

I love this trilogy - i loved it from the begining. There was just something there that captivated me, and i am so happy that this ending was so well done. It was the most perfect solution and even though it is (view spoiler), it was worth it. This whole trilogy is something that i enjoyed and also i will never regret reading it. And this book was the best so far.

There’s a voice telling me to get up. When I look to my side, I see a boy holding out his hand to me. He has bright blue eyes, dirt on his face, and a beat-up old cap on, and at this moment, I think he might be the most beautiful boy I’ve ever seen.
My wandering has led me to the beginning of our journey together. I suppose it’s only fitting for me to be here at that journey’s end.

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

MY LEGEND REVIEWS:

Legend (Legend, #1)
Prodigy (Legend, #2)
Champion (Legend, #3)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Champion.

February 1, 2013 – Shelved
March 10, 2013 – Shelved as: age-young-adult
November 11, 2013 – Shelved as: next-to-read
November 12, 2013 – Started Reading
November 12, 2013 –
38.0% "OH MY GOD \n i already love this omg\n MY BABIES\n "
November 15, 2013 –
100.0% "OH MY GOD \n I AM CRYING\n NOW THIS IS HOW YOU END A TRILOGY\n OMFG\n I DONT KNOW I JUST LOVE IT OMFG\n "
November 15, 2013 – Shelved as: favorites
November 15, 2013 – Shelved as: they-are-so-cute-its-unbearable
November 15, 2013 – Shelved as: type-trilogy
November 15, 2013 – Shelved as: why-u-no-longer-u-make-me-sad
November 15, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)

message 1: by Jenn (new) - added it

Jenn I really need to read this series...

Kristalia yeah YOU MUST ♥
*goes to write a review for this*

Kristalia thanx lovely ♥

message 5: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca I should really get around to reading Prodigy. But I might have to re-read Legend because I remember very little about it. 0_0 Glad to hear that the series conclusion is good, though!

Kristalia Rebecca wrote: "I should really get around to reading Prodigy. But I might have to re-read Legend because I remember very little about it. 0_0 Glad to hear that the series conclusion is good, though!"

Yeah i really loved how it ended, and that is most important thing when you are reading a series :D
Yeah, do that! :D

Kristalia ♠ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ♠ wrote: "great review Kristalia!"

thank you!

Aimen Awesome review, lovely Krista!! I'm glad a trilogy ended really well for once! <3

message 10: by Feminista (new)

Feminista Great review Kris!!

Kristalia Feminista wrote: "Great review Kris!!"

♥ thank you Nab ♥

Aimen wrote: "Awesome review, lovely Krista!! I'm glad a trilogy ended really well for once! <3"

♥ hehehee yeah :D

message 12: by Jen (new)

Jen Excellent review Kristalia! Happy to hear that the ending to your series left you feeling content! It must have been a great book if you were moved to tears by it!! Those are the best reads in my opinion because they have you feeling emotionally connected to the story! Can't wait to see what you read next!

Kristalia Jen wrote: "Excellent review Kristalia! Happy to hear that the ending to your series left you feeling content! It must have been a great book if you were moved to tears by it!! Those are the best reads in my o..."

Hehehe yeah :D And exactly! I always love books which move me, and make me cry, because i remember them that way :D
And thank you! :D I have yet to decide but i think i will read Parasitology series by Mira Grant :D

Bipasha{is eviscerated by fiction} GREAT REVIEW! LOVED THAT WHITE COLLAR GIF! ;)

Kristalia Bipasha wrote: "GREAT REVIEW! LOVED THAT WHITE COLLAR GIF! ;)"

Ah yes, White Collar rocks! :D

message 16: by Lisa Jayne (new)

Lisa Jayne Great review x

message 17: by Mona (new)

Mona Fabulous review Kristalia!!

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ WOW! Amazing review love... wonderfully done!!! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Kristalia thank you all :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Awesome review Kris <3

Kristalia thanx lovely ;P

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* Fab review, sweetie x

Kristalia ♥ thank you ♥

message 24: by Ari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ari Oh boy, here come my tears again... Sorry, I can't think of a proper comment, too many feelings... ♥

Kristalia Ariana wrote: "Oh boy, here come my tears again... Sorry, I can't think of a proper comment, too many feelings... ♥"

Oh my god, thank you Ari ♥
And yeah, too many feels for this book :D

message 26: by ♔Beth♔ (new)

♔Beth♔ XoXo awesome review now i'm excited to finish the series :)

Kristalia thanx Beth :D Yay ♥♥♥

message 28: by Art (new) - rated it 5 stars

Art *cries forever*

message 29: by Feminista (new)

Feminista I missed your reviews Kris!!! Come back and post some more!

Kristalia Feminista wrote: "I missed your reviews Kris!!! Come back and post some more!"

Heheheheh i am posting reviews now and then, i just dont have time to read much :( thank you dear!~