Tessa Teevan's Reviews > A Beautiful Lie

A Beautiful Lie by T.E. Sivec

Feb 01, 2013

bookshelves: reviewed

4/2-Currently free on Amazon!

Oh, this book...

description

Garrett McCarthy, Annabelle Parker, and Milo Roberts were as close as friends could get. They shared in each other's joy during graduations, promotions, and engagements. They consoled one another through heartache and loss.

Something goes terribly wrong and Milo ends up dead while on mission as a Navy Seal. It becomes apparent that Milo's death was not an accident, and circumstances lead to Garrett and Anna heading to the Dominican Republic with a Seal Team to uncover what really happened to Milo.

Tara Sivec blew my mind with this story. Every time I thought I knew what was happening, I was proven wrong. Up was down, down was up. If I thought we were turning left, we'd make an abrupt right turn. I was constantly on edge wondering what was going to happen next. The twists and turns in this story gave me whiplash, but I loved every minute of it.

description

Garrett and Anna were ON FIRE. Their encounters left my toes curling. They should be in the Guinness Book of World Records for 'Most Incredible Foreplay.' I was dying for them to succumb to their attraction and finally do the deed, but the wait was well worth it! I felt like one of those weirdos standing outside the King's chambers in the Middle Ages waiting for the royal couple to consummate their marriage. I was that into it!

Will you be able to touch me like you've done a thousand times before, pretend that you know the spot on my neck that makes me sigh and where to graze your fingertips to make me moan?

description

I loved this book. There was suspense, romance, mind blowing sexual scenes, and even a bit of humor.

I can't wait for Brady's story. I loved him as a supporting character in this book and can only imagine how awesome he'll be as the leading man. Especially since he knocked sense into Garrett when he needed it! You have got to be the dumbest fuck in the entire world.
:D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Beautiful Lie.

February 1, 2013 – Started Reading
February 1, 2013 – Shelved
page 65
16.75% "Whew! Holy sexual tension! [image error]"
page 65
16.75% "Whew! Holy sexual tension! description"
page 65
16.75% "Whew! Holy sexual tension!"
page 70
18.04% "It's like Parker's some sort of secret agent, ala Sidney Bristow from Alias. I'm so intrigued!!"
page 80
20.62% "I KNEW IT!!"
page 90
23.2% "Okay that was the HOTTEST "accidental" boob action ever. Damnit! Effing screw already!!!!!"
page 100
25.77% "Seriously?! Does Tara Sivec want me to make a baby tonight? This is killing me!!! Garrett and Parker are so freaking on fire that I may die from smoke inhalation."
page 110
28.35% "I cannot stop updating. I feel like a teenager reading about their near kiss. Hearts pounding. Loins swelling, fluttering. Butterflies are filling my stomach in a way I haven't felt in seven years. Holy crap!"
page 115
29.64% "Oookay, I love my hot men but Id totally go love slave for Parker if she summoned me."
Finished Reading
page 190
48.97% "IT'S ABOUT TIME!! Hurray!! I'm literally swooning like a fan girl with this absolutely ridiculous cheesy huge grin on my face."
page 210
54.12% "Oh man, I was totally fooled by the mystery guest! I was so wrong in who I thought it was."
page 290
74.74% "Oh.My.Fudge!\n \n description\n \n description"
April 13, 2013 – Shelved as: reviewed

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Loved this!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Agh Tessa you are killing me here! Lol I haven't seen an update from you on this book since last night!!! :-)

Tessa Teevan Lol sorry! The man dragged me to the movies so I'm sitting down right now to finish it up.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

You are stronger than I. I struggle with life outside of my books when I am in a good one. Can't wait to see how you like the rest! :-)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review Tessa! This book was AMAZING!

Tessa Teevan Agreed!!!! Thanks for the lend!! You can clearly tell by all my status updates that this one definitely drew the emotions out of me. I can't imagine how Brady's story will be, but I can't wait.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I can't wait for his story!

Christy Awesome review- Loved Garrett :D

message 9: by Lisa Jayne (new)

Lisa Jayne FABULOUS reviewing, TessaT ❤️❤️❤️