William's Reviews > Champion

Champion by Marie Lu

FINAL REVIEW

Just...
How did Marie Lu just wrap up this amazing series with an ever more so amazing book?!

This book makes we want to do this:

This: BECAUSE MY BRAIN ISN'T WORKING AFTER READING THIS, like NO!

This: OUT OF SHEER PERFECTION

And this all over again:

To explain the awesomeness that is the book, I must start when I saw this book at the public library.

^ Yeah that was me. Deal with it.

Then came the reading. Big mistake of starting it when I had work to do because guess what I did instead of doing work? Yup! Just reading!

The plot. The characters. The world building. The flow, the action, the pace. DO I EVEN NEED TO SAY IT?! Do you question its amazingness?

The twists, the turns, the journey that each character takes: It makes me just want to sob out of happiness.
4 Main Characters that I want to mention:

- Eden - AHHH!!!! HE IS SO PERFECT AND AWESOME AND AMAZING. His relationship with Day made me tear up.
- Anden - LOVE HIM. What a refreshing character. And I usually do not like the characters who interfere with my OTP, but Anden is an exception.
- June - Do I even need to say it? June is honestly my favorite. She is stunning, intelligent, caring, strong. And she is logical! LOGICAL! She actually thinks! And she does things because she weighs both her emotions and intelligence.
- Day - Great character. Marie Lu just stop making such impeccable characters. Just please stop. Otherwise, you are going to give endless emotions to your readers and make them extremely unproductive because they are too busy crying into their pillows out of happiness.

Not only are the characters amazing, Marie Lu doesn't pull a Mockingjay. Not that I don't like Mockingjay or anything, but that ending was not satisfactory. But not Champion. It will leave you satisfied, but unable to think, and then it will leave you crying tears of happiness as you shake the book wondering why it ended.

The world building is amazing. For someone who is in love with politics and government, I was completely fascinated by the world within the Legend series and Champion only dives further into the world. Just absolute perfection and love.

Finally,
Day and June: ULTIMATE OTP

Yeah, I just ripped off the title of the first book. I don't care because

And to the end:

Yes. Yes. So do I.

All I can say is: GO READ IT! AND GO READ THIS SERIES!!! It is so freaking amazing that you will be sending me gifts in thanks for recommending this series to you, because it is THAT GOOD.

I kind of am shocked that I even was able to write this review because my brain is kind of overloaded and fried from the awesomeness. If any part of the review does not make sense: blame that. I think I kind of rambled on. Oh well, I am just going to cry in a corner now because this wonderful series has now come to an end. I'm done.

Before
GUYS. The date has been moved to 2013. I repeat. 2013. HALLELUJAH!!!
And this cover. ERMERGERD.

2014.

Ice cream is always my solution.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Champion.

Quotes William Liked

Marie Lu
“Sometimes, the sun sets earlier. Days don’t last forever, you know. But I’ll fight as hard as I can. I can promise you that.”
Marie Lu, Champion

January 31, 2013 – Shelved
November 16, 2013 – Started Reading
November 16, 2013 –
page 90
24.39% " \n \n PUBLIC LIBRARY I LOVE YOU."
November 17, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

message 1: by Jalen (new) - added it

Jalen Cooper Just finished reading it and it was everything you described and more.

William Jalen wrote: "Just finished reading it and it was everything you described and more."

Yay! I am so glad. :)

Hana Abdi You described everything I had in my mind and heart so well! This SERIES was AMAZING!

William Hana wrote: "You described everything I had in my mind and heart so well! This SERIES was AMAZING!"

I know right?! This series was just a whirlwind of emotions.

Aisyaraisya I think im just glad that Marie Lu doesn't kill any characters that we love. I mean seriously the authors should STOP killing our fav characters!

Awesomely Awesome Yes Yes Yes!!!!! Everything you said completely wrapped up my emotions throughout this amazing and heart-wrenchingly beautiful trilogy.

Sharon All of those gifs are perfect, especially the Chuck&Blair gif, and they display my emotions completely right now.

Faye Francene YOUR REVIEW THOUGH! ITS PERFECT!

Faye Francene it took me 3 YEARS TO FINISH THIS SERIES BECAUSE OUR BOOKSTORES SUCK AND I CANT FIND ANY HARDCOPY!

THEN AGAIN, I'm so happy with the ending though! it wasn't a massive cliffhanger like I expected it to be and the LOVE TEAM stick together till the end like THATS TOO BEAUTIFUL! not a lot f deaths after the first book just the way I like it

message 10: by Charity (new) - added it

Charity Kelly I WANT TO READ IT SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Russell Indradjaja Ever since I finished reading Legend and saw these words on the back cover: "the first in an epic TRILOGY" I knew no matter how good the series was, i was going to be grieving and longing for more at the ending and boy was I right. And the fact that the ending of champion was how it was just leaves me wishing that marie lu would just at least write a novella to wrap the whole story of day and june up. Don't get me wrong, the series was absolutely AMAZING, but the bittersweet ending, although good and creative, just left an unsatisfied feeling in me. I don't know, maybe it's just me

message 12: by Charity (new) - added it

Charity Kelly I still want to read it.

Alicia Gafcia ahhh agreed

message 14: by Yip (new)

Yip wow the amount of GIFS