Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)'s Reviews > If I Were You

If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones

I know I'm going one amongst the minority when I say this ! But I honestly can't STAND to read another word from this predictable 'mystery-slash-good old erotica' novel anymore :P

No seriously, you're going to have to shoot me.In fact I freakin insist.

Honestly, I think I'm quite done with reading books with the exact same concepts.
One damaged billionaire? Check. !
An Art Freakin gallery ? Check !
One annoying sex crazy YET virginal heroine.....? Double Check !!

To me, this book was nothing but another sad attempt to recreate BDSM hits, '50 shades' or 'Knight' or 'The Blackstone' affair series....or...or....or.....' . :P LOL. Take your pick.

Honestly I can't give you a reason on why I even bothered to finish it to its boring end when from the very beginning I found myself unable to connect with the lead characters or the story's 'mysterious marketing manager-Rebecca'. Or ANY other character at all..*shrugs*

Besides that,there was defiantly something about the writing style that I just wasn't comfortable with.

To me,this book was a lost case from the very beginning.

If I was a person that DNF-ed a book,I would have.But since I'm not,I just stuck my butt down and finished it...so I guess thats unlucky me ! ...

I really cant seem to pin-point where this book went wrong for me...it just did.And now all that's left here in the end, is my one big frowney face and hours and hours of my precious reading time,wasted.....And I think by the end of all this blabbering, you can pretty much guess ,how really happy I am right now :/

BECAUSE GOD HELP ME ,I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING FROM THIS BOOK....

So yea...if ur waiting for a recommendation ,dont bother, I ain't giving this one, but honestly this whole review is solely based on MY OWN opinion, so with all that 5 stars AND 1 star reviews out there, I honestly can't say predicate which side of the bridge you might actually end up swinging...

All the very best to all my GR buddies that decide to pick this book anyway....for your sake ,I really do hope u end up loving it anyway...but beware my darlings...THERE'S A CLIFFHANGER AHEAD ! ;D

Happy reading ;)
Adios !

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If I Were You.

January 31, 2013 – Shelved
September 27, 2013 – Shelved as: shoot-me
September 27, 2013 – Finished Reading
November 24, 2013 – Shelved as: getting-hot-in-here
March 2, 2016 – Shelved as: couldnt-relate-to-the-characters

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)

La-Lionne This is a very nice book, a bit on a dark side, but very well written.

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus) La-Lionne wrote: "This is a very nice book, a bit on a dark side, but very well written."

La-Lionne Gabriella wrote: "La-Lionne wrote: "This is a very nice book, a bit on a dark side, but very well written."

yeh,i just marked it to my reads,btw is this like 50 shades ?"

I thought it was, but the stories are completely different. There are some similar points, like rich, mysterious and domineering man, but the heroine is nothing like Anna. There is a lot mystery surrounding men in the story. And, it ends with the best cliffhanger ever, which makes you want to trow your reading device at the wall :-D.

message 4: by Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus) (last edited Jan 31, 2013 02:21AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus) La-Lionne wrote: "Gabriella wrote: "La-Lionne wrote: "This is a very nice book, a bit on a dark side, but very well written."

I thought it was, but t..."

yeh,i just marked it to my reads,btw is this like 50 shades ? starting it anyway !! =)"

I thought it was, but t..."

thanks for clearing that out,oh and one more think should i add mystery to the genre as well ? just asking .

La-Lionne Sure. The woman in the story tries to figure out what happen to the owner of a diary, that she stumbled upon. As she starts reading and discovering more facts, everyone around her starts looking suspicious and she doesn't know whom to trust. That counts as a mystery, right? :-).

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus) La-Lionne wrote: "Sure. The woman in the story tries to figure out what happen to the owner of a diary, that she stumbled upon. As she starts reading and discovering more facts, everyone around her starts looking su..."

lol,yep i guess.anyway this is kinna like 2nd in my currently reading choice since i came across another one called "forget you"
Forget You .sounds pretty good....so

La-Lionne Yeah, it does sound interesting. I just marked it as TBR :-).

I saw you liked it Sempre, maybe you will also enjoy Sins & Needles (The Artists Trilogy, #1) by Karina Halle and the The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies, #1) by Tarryn Fisher is also very cool book :-).

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus) La-Lionne wrote: "Yeah, it does sound interesting. I just marked it as TBR :-).

thanks ! i loved sempre, oh and pin and neddles aldready on my list,got the bok yesterday,but just wasnt in mood to read anything intense...oh n thanks for the other suggestion,ill check that now...lol u can aldready assume its going to my " to reads" shelf u've got amazing taste ;)

La-Lionne I'm glad I could help ;-).

La-Lionne Oh crap. That bad, huh?

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus) La-Lionne wrote: "Oh crap. That bad, huh?"

honestly i dont know what went wrong babe :/ but right now im super pissed off...this book did not mark a good start with my weekend reading :/ i hope my next reading choice is better :/

La-Lionne Gabriella *is awesome* wrote: "La-Lionne wrote: "Oh crap. That bad, huh?"

You know, I have read few reviews similar to yours and it got me thinking why I rated it so high. The second book in the series wasn't that good, and the third (I only started) already feels like a borefest.

Great review btw. Hope your nest book will be better.

message 13: by Mo (new) - added it

Mo Good luck with your next one.

message 14: by Mei (new)

Mei I love your review, Gabri! :D
I was almost convinced to read this, but now I'm not so sure. *wink*

David - proud Gleeman in Branwen's adventuring party Once again you prove your awesomeness, Gabriella! Great review! :)

message 16: by Purva (new)

Purva Awesome review, Gabriella! :)

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus) La-Lionne wrote: "Gabriella *is awesome* wrote: "La-Lionne wrote: "Oh crap. That bad, huh?"

well damn :/ it sucks when a series turns sour dosnt it ?

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus) Sonia ღ wrote: "Awesome review, Gabriella! :)"

Mo wrote: "Good luck with your next one."

thnks ♥

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus) Mei wrote: "I love your review, Gabri! :D
I was almost convinced to read this, but now I'm not so sure. *wink*"

LOL im glad u didnt babes ;D becz to me this book was a total waste of time :P sorry

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus) David Green - Proud member of Team Perry! wrote: "Once again you prove your awesomeness, Gabriella! Great review! :)"

hahahah ! David ! ur the awesome one ! LOL thanks !!! ♥♥♥ XD !

message 21: by Glamdring (new) - added it

Glamdring Great and honest review, Gabriella! :)

message 22: by Geri Reads (new)

Geri Reads Oh no, another cliffy. Bet it's going to be trilogy too, right? Sorry this didn't work out for you hun. Hope your next read is better. :)

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus) Glamdring wrote: "Great and honest review, Gabriella! :)"

thnks love !

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus) ♥~♥Geri's~EverAfterRomance ♥~♥ wrote: "Oh no, another cliffy. Bet it's going to be trilogy too, right? Sorry this didn't work out for you hun. Hope your next read is better. :)"

lol yea..but even a CLIFFY didnt convince me to pick up the next book :/ seriously i resent this series that much ! LOL :P i really do hope my next reads better babes ! ♥

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Oh no :( Sorry this didn't work out for you, hon! But I love your review ;)

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus) Lkay ❇✾The one-click buy button addict❇✾ wrote: "Oh no :( Sorry this didn't work out for you, hon! But I love your review ;)"

me too lve ! but thanks !

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ hahahhahahahahaha! Awesome hon! :D

La-Lionne Gabriella *is awesome* wrote: "La-Lionne wrote: "Gabriella *is awesome* wrote: "La-Lionne wrote: "Oh crap. That bad, huh?"

It does.

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus) Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ wrote: "hahahhahahahahaha! Awesome hon! :D"

♥ :)

Devil well the heroine isn't actually a virgin though and I personally thought this was much better than the shitfest that is Fifty Shades Of Grey. I'm actually embarrassed that the author is even using that book to compare to this series.

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus) Del Rey wrote: "well the heroine isn't actually a virgin though and I personally thought this was much better than the shitfest that is Fifty Shades Of Grey. I'm actually embarrassed that the author is even using ..."

Really wished i liked this though... :/ sadly this just didnt work out for me