Rissa Flores's Reviews > The Sixth Power

The Sixth Power by Carol Nicolas

bookshelves: with-review, owned-pdf

The Sixth Power is a book about good vs evil. Knowledge is power, and El Calavera, the book's main antagonist, believes that one of the most powerful discoveries that can change the world is in the mind of Tania Westing, a high school senior. Tania Westing is one of the Gifted Ones with the ability to heal other people, but she has always lived an ordinary life - up until the moment she met a man named Dan Maclean. After she realizes that her life is in grave danger, she faces one challenge to another, determined to protect her family and friends from the people who would do anything to get to her.

Overall a good read. Quick and fun. The book reminded me of a typical Disney movie with a good versus evil plot where magical powers are involved. The story itself is quite interesting, and the narrative sequence is also easy to follow. Also enjoyed the mix of romance in the book. Although the book had an interesting plot, I felt as though it wasn't exactly gripping enough since it didn't bring a lot of new things to the table. Nonetheless, I enjoyed reading it and I definitely loved the Lord of the Rings reference.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sixth Power.

January 30, 2013 – Shelved
January 31, 2013 – Started Reading
January 31, 2013 –
11.0% "Pretty interesting!"
88.0% "Almost done!"
February 3, 2013 – Shelved as: with-review
February 3, 2013 – Finished Reading
June 3, 2013 – Shelved as: owned-pdf

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Carol Nicolas Theresa, Thank you so much for your review. Your insights are invaluable for a first time author. I'm glad you enjoyed it. - Carol

Rissa Flores Carol wrote: "Theresa, Thank you so much for your review. Your insights are invaluable for a first time author. I'm glad you enjoyed it. - Carol"

Oh, you're very welcome! Looking forward to reading more of your works. :)