David Eccles's Reviews > The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

Jan 30, 2013

bookshelves: mark-haddon

Although being rather disappointed that the illustrations in the printed book do not show at all in the e-book version that I have, it takes nothing away from a remarkable book that gives the reader an insight into the world of Christopher Boone, who is autistic and also someone who has Asperger's Syndrome, in my humble opinion.
Written in the style of Christopher himself compiling his own book, it tells the tale of how Christopher leads his everyday life, coming to terms with the death of his mother, and of how he takes it upon himself to try and find the killer of Wellington, his next door neighbour's dog.
A portion of the book deals with the fact that Christopher has an uncanny affinity for numbers and mathematical equations, and in the sections where equations are shown, I found myself skipping over those passages. I want to be entertained when reading, not have my brain dragged over a mental assault course.
Apart from that issue, I would wholeheartedly recommend the book to anyone who wishes to have their eyes opened and be given a glimpse of the world as Christopher views it.
A wonderful read, and highly recommended!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.

January 30, 2013 – Started Reading
January 30, 2013 – Shelved
January 30, 2013 – Shelved as: mark-haddon
September 17, 2013 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Tomlinson-parker Fab quick read xx autism is a subject I'm interested in & I very much enjoyed this seldom seen perspective.