Karen's Reviews > Vegan with a Vengeance: Over 150 Delicious, Cheap, Animal-Free Recipes That Rock

Vegan with a Vengeance by Isa Chandra Moskowitz

Recommended for: anyone who likes to cook, especially if they're interested in becoming vegans

We've got a lot of cookbooks at home. This one ranks right up there with my battered copy of Tassajara Cooking, the one that taught me how to cook in college - and that's saying something.

There are two vegans and one, well, carnivore in our house. I've made a lot of the things in here, and there hasn't been a badly received one yet. The pizza crust recipe is a terrific intro to bread baking in general. Just take a look at it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vegan with a Vengeance.

Started Reading
October 1, 2006 – Finished Reading
August 28, 2007 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Robin (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:13PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Robin I'm definitely going to order both of Isa's books. Thanks for the rec.

message 2: by Karen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:19PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karen You're welcome! I think the girls will love the recipes in the Vegan Cupcake book. Some of them are more grown-up material - we've not tried the Margarita or the chocolate stout ones - but most of them are great for kids.

message 3: by Robin (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:19PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Robin Is the cupcake book only desserts? I love the vengeance one - kinda ani di franco meets alice waters? r

message 4: by Karen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:19PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karen Yep. There are a couple of cupcake recipes in Vengeance, but this one is all cupcakes. They're all pretty good, too - and they have that cake feel, even without any eggs.