~Mindy Lynn~'s Reviews > Renhala

7320000

liked it
bookshelves: girls-who-love-boys, supernatural
Recommended for: Urban Fantasy fans

Renhala is a unique and colorful story with many different characters and creatures. I was intrigued by the story-line and for the simple fact that I have never read and urban fantasy book before. So when the author asked me to read her novel for an honest review in return I happily accepted.

The story is like anything I have read before, making it original. That is no easy task to conquer in storytelling these days. The author has a wild imagination bringing to life characters and a world that easily sweeps you away.

Out of all the relationships in the story, the one with Kailey and her mother is the one I enjoyed the most. For those of us who have been raised by single mothers, it is quite a special bond that ignites when there is only this one person doing anything and everything for you. So I really loved their relationship and how close they were.

There are many different creatures in the book. I personally loved Bu. He was really emotional, but I loved his loyalty and soft heart. The creepiest was the Meeple’s. It will forever make me look at my niece’s bunny in a whole new light.

The things that were a little frustrating for me was that the story took me awhile to get into. It moved a little slow for me in the beginning and dragged a bit in other spots. I also found it to be a bit too long. I’m not a very emotional person so I got a little annoyed with all the crying everyone was doing. It was like someone was always crying or on the verge of tears. But that’s just me being emotionally challenged.

I was pleased to see Kailey being strong and having confidence in herself and her abilities after having her start out in this book so vulnerable and broken. I’m not sure if urban fantasy is for me, but I this was a nice read. I’m sure those who are fans of these types of books will eat it up.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Renhala.

January 29, 2013 – Shelved
March 13, 2013 – Started Reading
March 13, 2013 –
March 15, 2013 –
44.0% "Why is everyone so emotional in this book? Someone is always crying. It's driving me nuts."
March 15, 2013 – Finished Reading