I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)'s Reviews > Temptation

Temptation by K.M. Golland

temp·ta·tion [temp-tey-shuhn]
noun
1. the act of tempting; enticement or allurement.
2. something that tempts, entices, or allures.
3. the fact or state of being tempted, especially to evil.

What a story! TEMPTATION is an intriguing novel with a lust driven plot laced with a lot of humor. It’s the first book in THE TEMPTATION series by new author; K.M. Golland and I have to say that I was sucked into the story straight out of the gate!

At first glance, the decision Alexis Summers is faced with is simple, but as the story progresses, it is clear that things are not so “black and white.” Alexis is totally content with her life as a 35 year old, happily married mother of two – well, she is until she encounters the charming and sexy hotel owner, Bryce Clark. When Alexis decides to return to work her simple life suddenly becomes very complicated when faced with the ultimate temptation in the form of her very persuasive new boss – Mr. Clark.

I struggled with the overall plot of TEMPTATION and I had to keep reminding myself that this is a fictional book, but I couldn’t help the stress I felt for Alexis. On one hand, I believe cheating is just wrong, no matter if we are talking about a test or a relationship, but the little devil inside my head really wanted Alexis to take the plunge and get down to business with the irresistible man who was not her husband. Then, as I got to know her husband, Rick, I was screaming: “No! No! No! DON’T DO IT!” As a reader, I internalized the moral and ethical dilemma the very sweet and kind Alexis was faced with – it’s easy to say what you would do when it’s not happening to you! It’s also much easier if one of the parties involved possesses traits undesirable to a mate, but none of these characters do! Alexis, Rick and Bryce - I loved them all!

So the BIG question is: What does she ultimately decide to do? TEMPTATION left me guessing until the very end. The wrap up left us with a very mild cliffhanger – not enough to entirely frustrate the reader, but just enough to make you want to dive into the next installment (tentatively set for an early March 2013 release). Get this book; you are going to love it!

✳✳ Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.

**Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

______________________________________________________________________

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Temptation.

January 29, 2013 – Shelved
January 29, 2013 – Shelved as: z-amazon
January 29, 2013 – Shelved as: z-from-the-author-publisher
January 31, 2013 – Started Reading
January 31, 2013 –
0.0% "Oh no! What should she do? I know what I would do! Is that bad?"
February 1, 2013 –
93.0% "Ms. Golland...if this book ends on a cliffhanger, I'm going to hunt u down if I have to wait very long for book 2!"
February 1, 2013 – Finished Reading
February 2, 2013 – Shelved as: zz-reviewed
February 12, 2013 – Shelved as: content-cliffhanger
March 16, 2013 – Shelved as: character-crazy-rich
July 1, 2015 – Shelved as: i-love-this-all

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Lisa I seen you were reading this, so I started it also. OMG... I'm dying now. I stayed up all night to finish it. I freakin' loved it but I feel guilty because I want her with Bryce! Any idea when book 2 will be out?

message 2: by I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (last edited Feb 02, 2013 08:12AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Lisa wrote: "I seen you were reading this, so I started it also. OMG... I'm dying now. I stayed up all night to finish it. I freakin' loved it but I feel guilty because I want her with Bryce! Any idea when ..."

YES!! Tentatively set for an early March 2013 release. I can't wait!

I'm not very generous with my 5 star ratings either...