Shawna's Reviews > Immortal in Death

Immortal in Death by J.D. Robb

Apr 08, 2009

bookshelves: author-nora-roberts-jd-robb, scifi-futuristic-fantasy-misc-pnr, series-in-death, romantic-suspense, 2010-reads, enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract, favorite-romance-couple-hh-pairings, favorite-romance-series, favorites, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, hero-addict-excon-lawtrouble-thief, hero-alpha‎, hero-bad-boy-playboy-player, hero-cold-cruelbrute-dark-dangerous, hero-commoner-self-made, hero-i-wanna-marry, hero-im-gaga-over, hero-stalk-me-baby-possessive, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, heroine-i-adore, heroine-kickass-spirited-strong, best-top-favorites, 5-stars, hh-post-traumatic-stress-disorder, hero-attractive-handsome-heartthrob, hero-daddy-warbucks-wealthy, heroine-tomboy-lady-in-pants, hh-across-the-tracks, hh-social-class-wealth-matters, hero-brooding, hero-expert-skilled-voracious-lover, horror-mystery-suspense-thrillers, hero-besotted-so-smitten-its-sexy, hero-or-heroine-or-setting-irish, hero-too-yummy-perfect-to-be-true, cop-bodyguard-govop-merc-military, heroine-miss-independent, a-all-time-favorite-hero, hero-entrepreneur-mogul-tycoon-ceo, hh-famous-celebrity, angsty-dark-heavy-lotsa-drama, heartbreaking-gutwrenching-romance, hero-bad-guy-ruthless-villainous, hero-sharp-dressed-man, hero-hot-car-sexy-costly-ride, hero-my-romancelandia-husband-harem, hero-husband-worthy-swoonalicious, crime-mystery-suspense-thriller-fic, fave-hero-ever-marry-me-roarke, hh-same-couple-trilogy-or-series, heroine-i-wanna-smack-shake-and-hug, hero-uber-filthy-rich-bazillionaire, heroine-uber-damaged-scarred, a-all-time-favorite-hh-couples, hero-enigmatic-mysterious, hero-dark-scary-cool-dangerous-dude, hero-business-owner, hero-bedroom-bad-boy, hero-in-pursuit, hero-poor-lower-class-background, hero-sexy-suit-tie-wearing-bad-boy, amnesia-blackout, genretrope-another-damn-billionaire, hero-protective, hero-reformed-rake-player, hero-uber-damaged-scarred, heroine-sassy-full-of-attitude, hh-rags-to-riches, best-fave-brilliant-worldbuilding
Recommended to Shawna by: Mom & several GR friends
Recommended for: Fans of romantic suspense, tough heroines, & devoted, dangerous, deliciously sexy alpha heroes
Read from May 09 to 10, 2010 , read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** 5 stars – Romantic Suspense

This is another thrilling addition to the addictive In Death series. Eve finds herself juggling wedding plans with a high stakes, complex murder investigation of a top model involving a new, lethal drug; and this time around, solving the murder is intensely personal, since it means clearing her best friend, Mavis, who is the prime suspect. Eve and Roarke's love deepens as they prepare to exchange vows, but Eve's remembrance of traumatic events from her past test their bond. There's a big twist that took me completely by surprise and honestly left me a bit bummed, especially for Peabody, who I hope gets paired with someone else in the future. It's another great read in an amazing series that's worthy of 5 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Immortal in Death.

Quotes Shawna Liked

J.D. Robb
“Roarke's brow cocked as he noted Casto take in the black satin that slithered over Eve's body. In the manner of men or unfriendly male dogs, Roarke showed his teeth.”
J.D. Robb, Immortal in Death

J.D. Robb
“Roarke: "Darling, before we shift into the official mode, what do you have on under that dress?"
Eve: "A device designed to drive men wild."
Roarke: "It's working. I don't believe I've ever seen your butt move quite that way."
Eve: "It's a cop's butt now, ace, so watch it."
Roarke: "I am." He smiled, gave it a nice solid smack. "Believe me.”
J.D. Robb, Immortal in Death

05/09 page 126
42.57% 15 comments
04/24 marked as: read

Miss Kim I remember liking this one, and not seeing the twist coming. Peabody is awesome!

Shawna Yeah, I was totally shocked and upset 'cause I really liked "that" character. :(

Miss Kim Robb did her work then! :)

Lisa I love Peabody--she just cracks me up...and she gets better with each book :) Dont worry about her too much ;)

Shawna I really wanted "that" hot cowboy with the sexy swagger to be a regular cast member though, that is, up until the big twist. You're right Kim, anytime I'm that surprised, the writer did a great job! :)