Juls's Reviews > Knight & Play

Knight & Play by Kitty French

Jan 28, 2013

liked it
bookshelves: series, cliffy, cheating-is-the-new-in-thing

Does two wrongs make a right? Nope it doesn’t. And that’s exactly what happens when Sophie decides to cross the line after finding out about her husband’s deceit. She even takes it a step further. She decides to ruffle the sheets with her new boss.

Lucien Knight has no shame. He got to where he is because he’s not afraid to seek what can benefit him and Sophie is his next target. He’s got the means to keep her around for as long as he wants but he didn’t anticipate a hurdle like her husband. With a little investigating he realizes her husband isn’t even in the same race.

Sophie may be a shy and quiet type but from the moment she accepts her new job she has acted nothing like the woman that everyone else knows.
Now after the betrayal from the love of her life is she willing to make some changes or will she stay with what's comfortable and bland?

I have to say I wasn’t too impressed with this one. It think the author tried to make it sound okay that Sophie cheated on her husband because he was cheating on her. And then Lucien sweeping in and throwing his evidence at her was beyond dirty! He’s a broodingly sexy man, he didn’t need to taint his reputation by showing those pics to her. I think it would have shown he was more man than her husband is/was if he would have just kept that to himself or maybe throwing it at her husband and telling him to leave Sophie or something to that affect. It was very tacky the way he went about it.
If you are looking for something naughty and forbidden this is it.

See all my reviews at www.upallnightreviews.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knight & Play.