Anna's Herding Cats's Reviews > Highland Heart

Highland Heart by Heather McCollum

bookshelves: 2013, highlanders, historical, kidnapped, for-review, short-story, heather-mccollum

If you're in need of a quick Highlander fix look no further. This one's short and sweet. Perfect for a rainy afternoon or when you're on the run and just want something that'll quench your thirst for gorgeous hunky highlanders and gentle lasses that are more than what they seem.

Since Highland Heart's a short story (about 50 pages) you know things are going to move fast but McCollum did a fantastic job and really had me not only buying into the story but loving it. The romance is quick but, and oh I love this theme, there's a childhood connection between Rachel and Alec, that for me, really made it seem like these two were meant to be together.

I really enjoyed both Rachel and Alec. There's a little fire between them, a little chemistry and a bit of sweetness that was just enjoyable. Heat factor? Eh, no too much given the length of the story but damn he's a good kisser! One thing I liked about the two was that Rachel's not a Highlander but an Englishwoman. I don't think I've seen that before and I really liked the twist. She's smart, quick on her feet, gifted with magic and the perfect match for the sexy, arrogant, knows exactly what he wants, Highland Chieftain.

With an exciting and action packed storyline of warring clans, kidnap and escape and romance as well it was just a fun read. McCollum has a great voice and I'd love to read more from her in the future. I am curious about some of the other characters who played small parts and really hope we'll get their stories one day.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Highland Heart.

January 26, 2013 – Shelved