Sarah Whisted's Reviews > The Archived

The Archived by Victoria Schwab

bookshelves: books-i-own, favorites

I had things to do today.
I told myself I'd read until noon. When noon came, I said I'd stop at page 150.
That didn't happen either.
Don't bother starting this book unless you have enough time to finish it in one sitting because it is IMPOSSIBLE to put down.

Victoria's writing is rich and imaginative. It's the kind of writing that makes me want to be a better writer, the kind of writing I admire in my favorite authors.

This story is all mystery and adventure with a side of loss, friendship, and self-empowerment. Mackenzie is stronger than your average 16 year old girl, but is not immune to life's struggles (or in her case Keeper struggles, either). And Wesley was an unexpected breath of fresh air, and one hell of a sidekick. Together, they're a team you'll root for without question. I can't wait to see their bond only strengthen in book 2....

Which brings me to the last thought I had as I closed the book: How will I possibly get by until book 2 is released? Surely the wait will kill me.

Side Note: If you're an admirer of more than just the story itself, pick up a physical copy of this book. The cover has this lovely soft feel to the touch and the inner lining is just gorgeous. You can almost imagine it as wallpaper in the Coronado.

I want to say so much more about this book, but I fear I'll spoil it for you. Just read it, you won't regret it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Archived.