LaRae's Reviews > Twilight Director's Notebook : The Story of How We Made the Movie Based on the Novel by Stephenie Meyer

Twilight Director's Notebook  by Catherine Hardwicke

Apr 06, 2009

did not like it
Read in April, 2009

Okay, I am a sucker for anything "Twilight" related. But even I thought this was a waste of money! My biggest complaint was that the book is so small! The photos and sketches were tiny. The text is in handwriting which is so small, even with my reading glasses on, I couldn't read some parts!! Young girls will probably have no problem with it!!! I learn a few tidbits, but not enough. But the DVD is awesome!!! Best deal is at Target!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight Director's Notebook .

Leana This book is meant to be like Catherine's journal. So that is why it is so small. It makes it feel more raw and personal. Any bigger and you lose that feeling that you are viewing someone's private thoughts and ideas. And Not to sound like I am disagreeing with you just because, but if you thought it was too small, you could have probably realized that in the store. It's not like it came in bigger packaging and then you open it up and it was small. It's all out there in the open for you to see before you buy it. Sorry.

LaRae Leana wrote: "This book is meant to be like Catherine's journal. So that is why it is so small. It makes it feel more raw and personal. Any bigger and you lose that feeling that you are viewing someone's private..."

Wow, I am sorry my own opinion went out so you could read it! I don't even know you! I still kept the book, but your comments were harsh! How did you get my comment if you are not even on my friends' list?

Leana I am asuming you haven't realized that anyone can read the reviews listed for any books you write reviews on, not just friends. That's kinda the whole purpose of the site. And as harsh as I was, I wasn't as harsh as your review. You clearly have your opinion. I have my own on your opinion. You posted your opinion on a public site and that is what can happen. I wasn't trying to offend you. I was just replying to your opinion and defending the book and the publisher.

LaRae Leana wrote: "I am asuming you haven't realized that anyone can read the reviews listed for any books you write reviews on, not just friends. That's kinda the whole purpose of the site. And as harsh as I was, I ..."

I was harsh on the BOOK. You were harsh on ME being dumb enough to even buy the book. There is a difference! I can handle different opinions on a book. But personal attacks on readers are unacceptable to me. Thanks for clearing up what kind of people use this site. I noticed others had the same complaint about the size so go pick on them.