I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)'s Reviews > Collide

Collide by Gail McHugh

That was painful and maddening, but you know, all pain isn’t bad.

COLLIDE was painful. The story begins just as Emily Cooper’s life as she once knew it was forever shattered by the death of her mother, but never fear, Dillon, her wonderfully charming and thoughtful boyfriend ::cough:: swoops in to save the day by whisking her away from Colorado and into his life in New York City. Emily soon learns, that “Prince Charming,” Dillon, isn’t quite the prince he likes to portray.

COLLIDE was maddening…well, I suppose the madness was in my own mind because, to me, the solution was simple. You know how they say there are 2 sides to every story and then there’s the truth? That’s the benefit the reader has over the characters, but I’m not really telling you anything you don’t already know. Watching Emily and Dillon’s very one-sided relationship from a bird’s eye view was enough to send me into a fit of rage. Emily is such a sweet and likeable character, but I could not, for the life of me, figure out what the hell she was doing with a controlling, dickhead like Dillon.

Then, the perfect combination of painful madness was the forbidden chemistry between Emily and Gavin. Who’s Gavin? Oh yeah, he’s the super-hunk extraordinaire; guys want to be him and girls want to fuck him, need I say more? I just wanted to slap Emily for not taking the plunge when she first laid eyes on the man, I know, that makes me a bad girl, but I never claimed to be an angel.

I was tempted to rate this book 4 stars out of spite for the cliffhanger author Gail McHugh left us with, but my sanity returned to me (after a minor temper-tantrum) and thought better of being a bitch today and gave it the 5 stars it deserved. Isn’t it true that goodness prevails? I hope so, because I’m really trying here and hoping to telepathically communicate with Ms. McHugh to tell her to hurry her cute little ass up and complete the next installment because I have got to know the rest of the freaking story! Get it, read it, but don’t be pissed at me when you have to wait until the summer to get the full story. Yeah, she obviously likes torture, because I can’t even find a release date. Madness, I tell you…

**Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

______________________________________________________________________

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Collide.

January 25, 2013 – Shelved
February 6, 2013 – Started Reading
February 6, 2013 – Shelved as: z-borrowed
0.0% "Decisions, Decisions!"
February 7, 2013 –
33.0% "BINGO! My decision just became very simple!"
February 7, 2013 –
37.0% "Jesus! Like, I'm gonna, like kill Natasha if she like says "like" one more time!!"
February 9, 2013 – Shelved as: zz-reviewed
February 12, 2013 – Shelved as: content-cliffhanger
February 26, 2013 – Shelved as: genre-new-adult
March 21, 2013 – Shelved as: zz-read-or-reviewed-new-adult
July 1, 2015 – Shelved as: i-love-this-all

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (last edited Feb 09, 2013 01:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) I originally had this books tagged at the end as ✳✳ Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review, but that wasn't true... I borrowed it via the Kindle lending function from Diana in the lending group :-)

Maybe that was my subconscious shouting out for Gail McHugh to shoot me an ARC of book 2 so I can think about something else and get on with my life :-D

message 2: by Amber Rose (new) - added it

Amber Rose Great review. Will have to check this out.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Thank you! I wish I had book 2 NOW!

message 4: by Amber Rose (new) - added it

Amber Rose I ♥ Bookie Nookie wrote: "Thank you! I wish I had book 2 NOW!"

I wish that too, so I can jump from one to the other when I read it.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) At least it's out in the summer. I would strangle someone if I had to wait a year...

message 6: by Amber Rose (new) - added it

Amber Rose I ♥ Bookie Nookie wrote: "At least it's out in the summer. I would strangle someone if I had to wait a year..."

LOL I wouldn't blame you

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) It's definitely worth the anticipation though...

Rene I loved your review it makes me want to go get the book now

message 9: by I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (last edited Feb 09, 2013 03:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Rene wrote: "I loved your review it makes me want to go get the book now"

Thank you! Get it! It's a good one :-) Compared to the number of reviews I have posted, I rarely give 5 star reviews. It really has to rock my socks.