Jessica Sinn (Books and Trouble)'s Reviews > Mutts and Mistletoe

Mutts and Mistletoe by Natalie Cox

did not like it

This was a no for me after the first few chapters of the book! I spent actual money on this e-book and feel a little bad about DNFing so early into it, but I just COULDN'T WITH THESE CHARACTERS ANYMORE!!! Let me preface this by saying that I have spent over a decade volunteering at a dog rescue, and it infuriates me when ignorant, negligent dog owners don't fix their animals and let them breed! When the character's cousin says "Oopsies, my beagle got out and had a midnight shag behind the barn. Now I have to give the puppies away for free," I had to just put a hard stop on this. Nothing about this is funny or even forgivable. I'm not interested in reading about an elitist five-diamond dog hotel for the ultra wealthy, and I really did not like the main character's terrible attitude. The book's first chapter featuring a litany of stupid reasons why she hates Christmas already left a bad taste in my mouth. Obviously this woman is a brat, and I don't care about whatever journey lies ahead at the exclusive doggie hotel. Hard pass!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mutts and Mistletoe.

Finished Reading