Andrea's Reviews > Wicked Lovely

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

Apr 05, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy, youngadult, 2009, paranormal-romance

Faerie caught my attention when I first read Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell and continued to dazzle when I read Stardust. Since then, any book with fey folk has intrigued me. So even though this Wicked Lovely looked a little too teen romance for me, I kept picking it up to reconsider.

Aislinn has always been able to see faeries, but they've usually paid her no attention. Her grandmother has taught her to be terrified and avoid them at all costs. So when two faeries begin following her after school, she is more than a little worried. Turns out, her concern is not unfounded. The faeries have plans for Aislinn and her life will never be the same again.

As it turns out, parts of the book were a little too teen romance for me, but other parts kept me interested enough. I really liked the character Donia, and she turns out to be more important in the end than it seems like she will be, so that made me happy. I'm also genuinely curious to find out what happens in the world after the end of this book. I didn't care a lick for what would happen with the romance, but what will happen next to the power structure in faerie is pretty interesting, and it seems to be the topic of the next book Ink Exchange, so I might pick it up in the future after all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Lovely.