Amanda Richards's Reviews > High Witch

High Witch by Mona Hanna

3-3.5 Stars

This was quite the quixotic love story.

I won this book through LibraryThing's member giveaways. Yay for free books!

It was a very short read as I finished it in about two hours (if that).

Overview:

High Witch is a story about a young couple who first find each other through mysterious circumstances and love at first sight ensues.

Brayden, a young man who works at the local INN, has been having a recurring dream for the past 30 days. A beautiful young woman is kissing him and telling him to find her, so of course he must. On the 30th day, a strange girl arrives at the INN in need of help, and there is something strangely familiar about her.

Fast forward a bit and the two are running away from all that they know in order to save their lives and to save each other. But what are they running for? Or from whom are they running?

My 2 cents:

The story was very engaging and intriguing. The idea behind the world was very interesting, I just wish that there had been more written about it. Maybe more information to build up how the magic worked or even to learn the history of the Villain.

The character development was also a little weak for my tastes. However I am one of those people who like verbose descriptions of everything. I want a picture painted for me so I can imagine what the author sees in their mind. This story unfortunately didn't have that. There were several places in particular which would have benefited from more explanation or description but it doesn't really take too much away from the story itself.

Overall I really enjoyed the story! I just wish there had been more detail so I could get to know the characters better. I would definitely recommend this book to others.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read High Witch.

January 24, 2013 – Shelved